Black Bean Brownies

I finally did it. I made black bean brownies.

I am going to be totally honest with you. They don’t really tasted like normal brownies. The texture is very different and tastes like … well, chocolate beans.

Did I still eat it? Heck yes. Were they still good? Definitely.

More honesty: My husband didn’t like them. Oh well. More for me. I topped mine with coconut milk yogurt and blueberries. It reminds me of cream-cheese frosting. Mmmmmm cream cheese frosting.

I used Chocolate Covered Katie‘s recipe. Have you been to her blog? It’s amazing. I’m curious if anyone has another CCK recipe that they would recommend?

Check out the recipe here.

7 Responses to “Black Bean Brownies”

1. Made in Sonoma posted on January 20, 2014 at 10:18 pm (#)

I haven’t had black bean brownies in over a year, but I really like the recipe I have on my blog for them. :) Yours look good with the makeshift frosting!

• Michelle C. replied on January 21st, 2014 at 3:28 pm

I am going to try your recipe then next! I wish I had known about yours all along, I might have tried it first.

2. Amy (So There, by Amy) posted on January 20, 2014 at 10:33 pm (#)

Shoot! Really? I just recently finally tried the chickpea blondie version and while the whole wheat flour and almond butter…and beans, I guess…give it a heartier texture, they definitely were still gooey, and didn’t taste like beans (hummus!!) at all to me!
    Maybe black beans have a stronger taste?

• Michelle C. replied on January 21st, 2014 at 3:27 pm

Amy! Your comment on my ginger bread jello shots made me laugh out loud :) I’ve been really wanting to try this recipe for chickpea “cookie dough”. Maybe I will try the blondies too.

As for the bean taste … I think it’s a texture thing.

3. Elizabeth Cowie posted on January 21, 2014 at 3:24 pm (#)

I’ve had black bean brownies on my try list for a while now…I figured it might be a way to sneak some fiber into my family’s diet.

• Michelle C. replied on January 21st, 2014 at 3:28 pm

I think it’s worth giving it a try … maybe don’t tell them until after they try one ;)

4. Kimberly posted on January 23, 2014 at 5:12 pm (#)

I recommend this one. http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/09/06/the-ultimate-chocolate-fudge-pie/

I didn’t care at all for her chocolate chip cookie dough cereal. The taste was fine, but the texture was really gross to me.