This one in particular jumped out at me.
I can't believe I am about to say this, especially because you know I love my spicy ranch wings sooooooo much...
But these are my new favorite flavor. They are so good.
The sauce is mouthwateringly (is that a word?) amazing. It's made up of cilantro, lime juice, garlic, fish sauce and butter.
The fish sauce gives it this savory quality that you just can't put your finger on (btw fish sauce doesn't taste like fish) and then the butter mellows out some of the herbiness (another made up word) perfectly. I don't know what else to say except that you have to try these wings.
You really have to.
On a side note -- the wings that I got had the wing tips etc. still on them. You know what I mean right?
I really didn't care for breaking them down. Breaking the bones with my knife and then ...gross. I won't get into it.
The only way I could get through it without cringing was to pretend like I was a professional chef. I mean I bet Jenna from Eat, Live, Run doesn't freak out when she has to break down chicken wings.
I think my wings look a lot like Food Networks! Not bad.
P.S. I saved the left over sauce and used it to marinate some flank steak for dinner. Really good.
Vietnamese (Cilantro-Lime) Chicken Wings (From Food Network Magazine)
10-12 Chicken wings
1 1/2 Cup Cilantro
1 Clove Garlic
2-4 Tablespoons lime juice
2 Tablespoons fish sauce
2 Tablespoons chopped jalapeno (optional)
6 Tablespoons butter
1 Cup flour
1 Tablespoon garlic powder
Salt and pepper
Vegetable oil for frying
1. Mix your flour with the garlic powder and salt and pepper. Dredge your wings in the flour mixture and then fry in batches for at least 15 mins.
2. In a food processor add your cilantro, garlic, lime juice and fish sauce (and optional jalapenos for extra heat) Puree ingredients.
3. Melt your butter and add to your cilantro lime mixture.
4. After your wings are fried and have cooled off on a paper towel (to soak up extra oil), toss them in the cilantro lime and butter mixture.
5. Garnish with extra limes and enjoy!