Strawberries with Sour Cream and Brown Sugar

I was reading one of my old Food Network magazines this weekend and a Daisy Sour Cream ad had this recipe on it. I know it’s an easy one but dang… it’s so good!

It’s like little bites of strawberry cheesecake, but lighter and fresher.

I’m pretty sure I use to eat this when I was a kid. When I was making it for Nick and I, I had flashes of making it for Austin when he gets a little older.

Is it weird that I think about treats I want to make my son and he isn’t even here yet?

Strawberries with Sour Cream and Brown Sugar
3/4 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon fresh orange juice and a teaspoon of orange zest
1/2 cup loosely packed brown sugar
36 fresh medium strawberries (about 1 1/2 pounds)

1. Combine the sour cream and orange juice and zest in small bowl; mix well.

2. Place the brown sugar in another small bowl.

3. Dip the strawberries in the sour cream mixture and then roll in the brown sugar.

6 Responses to “Strawberries with Sour Cream and Brown Sugar”

1. Sophie posted on January 22, 2013 at 5:09 pm (#)

oh YUM! When i was little, my mom would mix sour cream, brown sugar, and vanilla and then cover grapes in the stuff! SO GOOD!

2. Made in Sonoma posted on January 22, 2013 at 6:15 pm (#)

I don’t think it’s weird at all that you’re dreaming of the treats you’ll make your son. :)

I bet this would be good with Greek yogurt, too.

3. Jenn LaPlante posted on January 22, 2013 at 6:33 pm (#)

Oooh…I’ll have to make these for the office around Valentine’s Day! I bet everyone will love them.

Beautiful photos! :)

4. Grubarazzi posted on January 22, 2013 at 6:56 pm (#)

These look delish! And the name for your son is oh so cute, not at all weird that you are already dreaming of his treats :)

5. kbgirl posted on January 22, 2013 at 11:51 pm (#)

That is so funny… My dad taught me to eat strawberries like this (minus the orange) now I want some!

6. Randilea @ Life As I Bake It posted on January 23, 2013 at 7:02 am (#)

The first time my high school best friend told me about this combo I thought she was crazy, but for years now I’ve looooooooved it! Never thought about orange zest. I should try it!