That of course doesn't mean I've actually done it ... but I really love the idea that my body might feel better overall if I did.
Recipes like this one make me want to do it even more.
Grilled asparagus with some sea salt and olive oil (the char gives it amazing flavor) mixed with lemon juice and zest ... so simple yet so perfect.
I added the baby reds for more substance (I wanted to make a hearty meal out of it) but it's delish with or without the potatoes.
Meh... I wish I still had someone of this left over for lunch. My turkey sandwich isn't half as good as this was.
Wine-a-Ritas are next on the blog post agenda... not as healthy as asparagus salad ... but a girl has got to live a little.
Asparagus Salad with Lemon and Goat Cheese
1 bunch of large asparagus
1/4 cup olive oil
3-4 baby red potatoes
salt and pepper
goat cheese crumbles
1. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Chop up your potatoes and toss them in half of your 1/4 cup of olive oil. Salt and pepper and bake for 30 minutes or until tender. You should be able to easily skewer them with a fork.
2. Fire up your grill and toss your asparagus in the remaining olive oil and some salt in a large bowl (reserve the bowl with excess oil). Grill for about 5-10 minutes or until the asparagus are tender with a nice char.
3. In the bowl that has the left over olive oil, zest your lemon and then cut in half and squeeze in the juice of one half.
4. Cut your asparagus into smaller pieces and toss in your bowl with your lemon juice etc. Add potatoes and toss again.
5. Serve warm or cold with crumbles of goat cheese on top.