Redbull and Vodka Jello Shots

I’ve always thought that Redbull tastes like Smarties or Sweet Tarts. Don’t you?

I can’t drink it on its own, I turn into a crazy lady with shaky hands and a nervous stomach, but I ocassionally will order a Redbull and vodka if we are out with friends and I need a little pick me up. (Hello dance floor!)

My husband on the other hand, loves this stuff. He was the one that suggested I try this jello shot. A jello shot with an energy burst. Sounds pretty awesome.

You don’t need the silicon molds for this shot, you can make them in cubes by using a brownie pan and cutting out the shots with cookie cutters.

But if you like entertaining and jello shots, I really recommend getting one of these. It’s SO EASY to use, the jello shots pop right out.

Two more days until the weekend! Hang in there.

***update*** I recently tweak the recipe because many said they were too strong. I reduced the vodka from a whole cup to a 1/2 cup.

Redbull and Vodka Jello Shots
1 1/2 cups Redbull (You will need two cans of regular or sugar free, whatever you prefer)
1 and 1/2 packets of Knox powdered gelatin
1/2 cup vodka of choice
24 Cherries with stems
1 Bite-Size Squares 24-Cavity Silicone Mold (they have these at Michaels)

1. Prepare your molds by spraying them with cooking spray or coconut oil lightly and cut your cherries in half and reserve for later. (This helps the cherries stand upright in the shots)

2. Pour 1 1/2  cup Redbull into a medium sauce pan (should be almost the whole can). Sprinkle your 1 and 1/2 packets of gelatin on top (don’t stir) and let it sit for 2 minutes to activate the gelatin.

3. Turn on low heat and stir in the gelatin until it all dissolves. Let the Redbull get to a light boil and turn off the heat. Let it cool slightly and then add 1/2 cup of vodka.

4. Pour half of your Redbull jello mixture into your molds (or pan) let refrigerate and harden (about 2 hours). Place one cherry in each mold (or spread out an inch apart on in a pan) with the stem side up and cut side down, upright.

5. Top with the rest of the jello mixture gently, not disturbing the upright cherries. Let refrigerate over night. Carefully, take a butter knife and edge around each mold to help release the shot. Pop them out and serve.

Tip: Lightly grease your serving tray with cooking spray or coconut oil before serving so the shots don’t stick and break when people try to pick them up by the cherry stem.

26 Responses to “Redbull and Vodka Jello Shots”

1. ChinkyGirLMeL posted on August 15, 2012 at 1:58 pm (#)

omg! I have a sleep over with my high school besties next week and this would definitely add in a little fun!

2. Made in Sonoma posted on August 15, 2012 at 2:00 pm (#)

I’m pretty sure this is every fresman in colleges dream jello shot. haha.

• Michelle O replied on August 15th, 2012 at 2:03 pm

LOL… If only I was this creative in college I would have been so popular!

3. Dott posted on August 15, 2012 at 2:32 pm (#)

Michelle, have you ever tried ice cube trays? Not sure how easily you could remove them but I have them on hand so I was wondering if you’ve used them….these look amazing BTW!

• toniekish replied on January 28th, 2013 at 4:01 pm

Ice cube trays do work for jello shots, just spray with coconut oil like she did above, then when you’re ready to take the jello shots out, sit the ice cube tray in warm water for about a minute to loosen the jello. It should slide right out. I’ve used ice cube trays for jello shots before :)

4. premium posted on August 15, 2012 at 4:31 pm (#)

OMG! crazy idea))) thank you for sharing. will iced it with russian standard! http://bestvodka.net/standard/

5. Michelle posted on August 15, 2012 at 5:40 pm (#)

Now you’re talkin’! YUM!

6. Diane, A Broad posted on August 16, 2012 at 9:08 pm (#)

How adorable! Vodka redbulls are my drink of choice when I’m out dancing, so…

7. Kalee posted on August 16, 2012 at 11:44 pm (#)

Such a good idea!!! I want these for Halloween!

8. Sarah posted on August 21, 2012 at 2:32 pm (#)

These look amazing! How do you think they would work with Jagermeister instead of vodka?

9. Unknown posted on September 27, 2012 at 2:23 pm (#)

Is there something special about Knox powdered gelatin? Or could I just use Jello mix?

• Michelle O replied on September 27th, 2012 at 2:40 pm

Jello mix has color and flavor added to the gelatin. Knox is plain gelatin so you add the flavor and color with your other ingredients. If you use jello the ratios may be off and the color and flavor will change. :)

10. Nellie posted on October 29, 2012 at 1:12 am (#)

I made these fr a Halloween party with super high expectations. I tripled the recipe and used 2oz jello shot cups… while they looked awesome, all the vodka went straight to the cherry making it almost unbearable. Didn’t taste the RedBull either, maybe adding and extra redbull would have done the trick. Thanks for the recipe; it’s a great idea… just needs some fine tuning. thanks again!

11. ll posted on November 28, 2012 at 12:39 am (#)

This comment has been removed by the author.

12. ll posted on December 11, 2012 at 10:19 pm (#)

I’m making them for a party so should I serve them with ice under the tray will they be fine at room temparature??

• Michelle O replied on December 12th, 2012 at 3:11 pm

I think they would be okay at room temperature for an hour or so but anything longer you should put them back in the fridge for a while or serve with ice under the tray :)

13. Raynet71 posted on December 13, 2012 at 10:15 pm (#)

we made these for a camping trip .. followed the recipe to the letter and they were so unbearable no one wanted them . The taste of the vodka completely overtakes any flavor of red bull . Was really looking forward to them , its a shame they didnt turn out to be very tasty.

• Michelle O replied on December 14th, 2012 at 3:00 pm

Thanks for the feedback Raynet – I tweaked the recipe and cut back on the vodka. Youre the second person to say that so I thought I should try to adjust it a bit. Hope you will try them again some time! Thanks again. :)

• Kelly Krieger replied on June 13th, 2014 at 8:30 pm

Michelle, if you do want them a little stronger and increase the vodka would there then be an equivalent decrease in Red Bull?

14. lauren dearner posted on December 15, 2012 at 5:35 pm (#)

Hi first off I love your blog I have made almost every Jell-O shot! But this recipe calls for 1 1/2 cups of redbull but in the steps you only use 1 cup. Just curious which one to follow as I am a huge redbull vodka fan and desperately want to make them!! Thanks so much

15. Michelle O posted on December 15, 2012 at 7:58 pm (#)

Hi Lauren! Im so sorry! I made a recent adjustment to the recipe (I did mention it in a note/update at the top) and forgot to change the instructions. Doing it now! Thanks for calling it to my attention :) Hope you like them.

16. Desiree Salazar posted on January 17, 2013 at 8:01 am (#)

Thinking about making these for a teenage party minus the Vodka what would you recommend substituting the Vodka with?

• Michelle O replied on January 17th, 2013 at 8:57 pm

Hi Desiree! Just use more redbull! They will taste awesome :)

17. Desiree Salazar posted on January 18, 2013 at 6:50 am (#)

Thank you so much for replying duuuhhhhh guess I could have though of that!

18. Whitney Smith posted on February 20, 2014 at 9:32 pm (#)

Hi Michelle,

I am having trouble finding cherries with stems. Is it possible to just use cherries without no stem?

Thank you!
    Whitney

19. Dianna Alicia posted on August 8, 2014 at 3:54 am (#)

I hate vodka. What else could I use