We did it! Some Early Photos and Wedding Afterthoughts

I have so much to tell you I don’t even know where to start! I have a few blogs planned over the next few weeks about the wedding but I am waiting for my professional photos (they will be amazing) to come in before I post them.

Until then, I put together this little collage with some pictures friends took. The sunrise was a gorgeous light blue, pink and orange. The morning was quiet and cool (or as cool as it could be during an intense heat wave) and the sound of  waves crashing onto the beach was better than any rendition of Pachelbel’s Canon.

Like so many brides, in retrospect there are a million things I would have done differently and I eventually want to share those things with you because I wish someone would have told me (and that I would have listened).

I feel like I am just now able to look at photos from friends and family and not see every little flaw in the way my hair and make up looked or the way I wanted the flowers etc etc. I drove my self insane, seriously I was crazy. (Did anyone else feel like they were out of their own body?)

But today . . . today I can breathe again and I am happy. Very happy. I am thinking how cute it was that a morning ATV patrol designated to saving sea turtles drove by during the ceremony.

I’m loving that as the sun was rising, you could still see the moon setting.

I am dying to share video with you and tell you more about our reverend and why he was the best thing that happened to our ceremony!

. . . and I can’t wait to show you more of the mini cakes in a jar that my mom made as our wedding favors and gorgeous cake my aunt made for our brunch.

More soon . . .

P.S. So much love for all of my friends and family who made it all the way down to North Carolina for the wedding. My heart is overflowing with appreciation and joy that you were there with us! I can’t say it enough.

23 Responses to “We did it! Some Early Photos and Wedding Afterthoughts”

1. Made in Sonoma posted on July 11, 2012 at 4:19 pm (#)

Congrats! You were a beautiful bride, & I love the dress you finally chose! I can’t wait to read all the wedding posts, since I still have 1 more year to go! I’d love your advice. :)

2. Michelle O posted on July 11, 2012 at 4:28 pm (#)

Thank you Kelli! :) I can’t wait to tell you all about it and hope that it will be helpful! I’m sure I will be going through wedding planning withdrawal soon and be looking to your blog to see what youre up to.

3. Christina Marie posted on July 11, 2012 at 4:28 pm (#)

Aw so pretty, happy for you and your new hubby!

Christina

4. Mo (New on U) posted on July 11, 2012 at 4:33 pm (#)

Looks gorgeous! I can’t wait to hear your tips – I’m sure they’ll help out a BUNCH!

5. alisia E. posted on July 11, 2012 at 5:21 pm (#)

Congratulations!! You look gorgeous!! I remember also reflecting wishing I had done some things differently, but you have to remember, it is just one day, it is the rest of your life you have to look forward to now =)

xx, alisia e

6. Linda in Marin posted on July 11, 2012 at 5:23 pm (#)

You look fabulous! What a dreamy wedding.

7. Wendy posted on July 11, 2012 at 5:43 pm (#)

Congrats, Michelle! These pics look amazing, I bet the professional ones look even better.

8. April posted on July 11, 2012 at 5:48 pm (#)

everything looks beautiful! I LOVE your hair. Can’t wait to hear about the rest of the wedding!

9. Heather posted on July 11, 2012 at 5:58 pm (#)

CONGRATS!!! you look stunning! And your pictures are beautiful. Love love love the dress. *Sigh* you have my dream wedding — I want to get married out on the beach!

10. claire @ the realistic nutritionist posted on July 11, 2012 at 6:21 pm (#)

You look so gorgeous!!!!

11. Abby posted on July 11, 2012 at 6:22 pm (#)

Congratulations!!!! You are such a beautiful bride :) Looks like it was such a lovely day.

12. Grubarazzi posted on July 11, 2012 at 8:07 pm (#)

Breathtaking! Congratulations!

13. Rachel - At First Blush posted on July 11, 2012 at 8:09 pm (#)

Congratulations! I’m getting married next April so I can’t wait to hear more about your experience! Enjoy being a newlywed!

14. Collections posted on July 11, 2012 at 8:46 pm (#)

Congratulations! You look gorgeous as does the wedding.

Collections

15. Ellen B Cookery posted on July 11, 2012 at 9:38 pm (#)

Congratulations! You were a beautiful bride! I hope you enjoyed every moment and cherish all future moments together!

16. Ali B posted on July 11, 2012 at 11:17 pm (#)

oh my gosh your dress is amazing!! Where did you get it?!

17. Liz Brown posted on July 12, 2012 at 2:48 am (#)

Congratulations! … I guarantee NO one will notice any ‘flaws’ in your wedding :) It was all you and perfectly special and we can’t wait to see more.

18. Unique Weddings posted on July 12, 2012 at 5:10 am (#)

What a lovely couple..Congratulations and may your marriage will last a lifetime..

19. Sutapa posted on July 12, 2012 at 10:55 am (#)

You are looking gorgeous …..it seems like a fairy tale wedding! May you both live happily ever-after!
    Waiting for more pics and the video!

20. Erica posted on July 12, 2012 at 8:05 pm (#)

Congratulations! You looked amazing! Can’t wait to see the professional pics :)

21. Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. posted on July 13, 2012 at 10:27 pm (#)

Congratulations! I love your dress!

22. Ditch The Wheat posted on July 13, 2012 at 11:30 pm (#)

You’re a beautiful bride! I adore the dress:D

23. Anita at Hungry Couple posted on July 14, 2012 at 2:06 pm (#)

Flaws? What flaws? You look perfect to me. Can’t wait to see the rest. Congratulations and a lifetime of joy together!