Peach and Raspberry Sangria

Sunny, summer, Sundays are what I live for lately. I love mid-afternoons on the patio with a cold pitcher of fruity Sangria and your whole day still ahead of you.

I sat outside yesterday with my glass of sangria and just took a few deep breaths . . . before I knew it I was smiling, just because it felt good.

Later we had our friends Matt and Sean over for dinner, they brought their darling little baby girl Natalie (I adore her).

She held on to our pointer fingers with her little hands and we helped her practice walking around our condo. We laughed and ate pasta and drank more sangria (Natalie had banana puffs).

I got to catch up with Sean about wedding stuff and we talked about blogs. (Check out Sean’s blog here)
We are thinking about attending a bloggers conference. Does anyone know of any good ones coming up?

It was a good Sunday. Fresh peaches and sweet raspberries, pasta and beautiful laughing babies. Doesn’t get much better than that.

Peach and Raspberry Sangria
2 (750 ml) bottles Riesling wine
1/2 cup peach schnapps
1 cup pink lemonade (or any juice of choice)
3 ripe peaches, cut into wedges
2 small plastic containers of fresh raspberries

1. Cut your peaches and place them in a large pitcher, pour one container of raspberries on top. Add about 1 and a half bottles of your Riesling wine.

2. Add your 1/2 cup peach schnapps and 1 cup pink lemonade.

3. Pour your 2nd container of raspberries into a zip lock bag and smoosh them up until you have what looks like raspberry jelly. Pour the smooshed raspberries into your pitcher. Mix and enjoy!

For featuring on your website please make sure to contact thatssomichelle@gmail.com

10 Responses to “Peach and Raspberry Sangria”

1. Made in Sonoma posted on July 30, 2012 at 1:58 pm (#)

This is exactly my kind of drink.

2. claire @ the realistic nutritionist posted on July 30, 2012 at 2:06 pm (#)

You know what would also rock with this? jalapenos!! spicy and sweet. Gorgeous Michelle!

• Michelle O replied on July 30th, 2012 at 2:08 pm

Mmmmmm spicy cocktails are all the rage these days. You should do it!!!

3. Ellen B Cookery posted on July 30, 2012 at 2:13 pm (#)

I’m making this for the weekend. (Wish this was posted before the weekend that just passed).

• Michelle O replied on July 30th, 2012 at 2:15 pm

I should make a note of that. Makes sense to post cocktail recipes on Fridays! :)

4. Sean Marie posted on July 30, 2012 at 7:04 pm (#)

Seriously so good Michelle! I can’t wait to hang out again. Maybe next time I’ll make that pasta and you guys and come over to our place. :)

5. Christina Marie posted on July 30, 2012 at 9:54 pm (#)

I love how much you loaded up the pitcher with the fruit! The more the better in my book. :)

Come over and check out the Frozen Yogurt Pie I put together.

Christina

6. Gerry @Foodness Gracious posted on July 31, 2012 at 5:39 am (#)

Great drink for the sunny days! I love peach schnapps, Foodbuzz Festival is coming up in October :)
    Take care..

7. Maguijo posted on July 31, 2012 at 12:37 pm (#)

Check out the BlissDom Conference for bloggers: http://blissdomconference.com/

8. Parsley Sage posted on August 2, 2012 at 12:05 pm (#)

Sign me up! This is my kind of Sunday :)

Gorgeous sangria, darling!