OMG Peach Crunch Cake

Dear Bakerella,

Did you really come up with this peach crunch cake recipe? Because I think I love you. I mean, I really love you. Just five ingredients and my mouth is still watering. There has been a magnetic force pulling me toward the kitchen since about 3pm.

This is seriously the easiest and most delicious thing I have made in a long time. Nick said so too.

I had to throw the “OMG” in the title because it’s just that good.

One can of peaches. Then sprinkle on one box of yellow cake. One cup of brown sugar. One stick of butter. Half a cup of nuts. Bake.

Really that’s it.

Good thing today is my boss’s birthday and I can bring this into work tomorrow or I  just might ruin all of the progress I’ve made in my wedding diet.

Look at all that ooey, gooey, peachy goodness at the bottom.

And then the top is all brown sugary and crunchy. Okay, I have to stop or I will go eat more.

Make this cake/cobbler thing from Bakerella. You won’t be sorry (unless you need to fit into a wedding dress anytime soon).

Peach Crunch Cake (from Bakerella)
24.5 oz jar of sliced peaches in light syrup
1 package yellow cake mix
1 stick butter (1/2 cup), cut into 16 pieces
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (I used almonds, I bet pecans are good too, or you can skip the nuts too!)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

2. Pour the peaches and syrup in a 13 X 9 dish, cut up the peaches so they are evenly spread around the dish.

3. Pour your box cake mix on top, do not mix!

4. Top with the pads of butter next, then with your cup of brown sugar and nuts.

5. Bake for about 40 minutes. Serve warm or cold… with or without ice cream.

13 Responses to “OMG Peach Crunch Cake”

1. Miss Linn. posted on June 11, 2012 at 9:37 am (#)

Looks really good :)

Have a great day from Oslo

2. Christina Marie posted on June 11, 2012 at 6:43 pm (#)

Soo excited peaches are now in season! This looks too good. :)

Christina

3. Mary Ellen @ Pâte à Chew posted on June 11, 2012 at 9:18 pm (#)

That does sound quite simple! With peaches in season it will be the perfect summer dessert!

4. Janet@FCTC posted on June 11, 2012 at 11:03 pm (#)

Oooo, this sounds good! Definitely trying this…maybe even like the second I finish typing this comment.

5. Foodie Stuntman posted on June 12, 2012 at 6:43 am (#)

So did your boss enjoy it? Also, congratulations on making the foodbuzz Top 9!

6. Cindys Recipes and Writings posted on June 12, 2012 at 4:11 pm (#)

Congrats on making Foodbuzz Top 9!

7. Sarah Bulmer posted on June 12, 2012 at 4:15 pm (#)

I’m a sucker for anything with butter and peaches. :)

And the watermelon smoothie – you MUST try it. Just saying!

8. the actor's diet posted on June 12, 2012 at 8:22 pm (#)

OMG yes!

9. Stephie @ Eat Your Heart Out posted on June 13, 2012 at 12:57 am (#)

My family has a similar recipe that we got from a friend that uses cherry pie filling and yellow cake mix and butter and pecans and coconut and holy moly yes it’s so good. Hurrah for dump cakes (even though they sound horrific)!

Best of luck not eating every bite =)

10. Taylor posted on June 13, 2012 at 1:12 am (#)

I actually DO need to fit into a wedding dress soon! I’m staying far far away from this recipe until this fall!

11. Ian posted on June 14, 2012 at 4:01 am (#)

I can cook just about anything, but I NEVER bake. This was easy and taste great! Thanks for helping me impress my wife!

12. Anonymous posted on June 19, 2012 at 9:27 pm (#)

My boyfriend and I loved it! It’s absolutely delicious…

13. Roz posted on June 22, 2012 at 10:54 pm (#)

Perfect timing . . . it’s fresh peach season here in South Carolina. This will certainly be prepared in my kitchen, Michelle! Thank you!