My Bridal Shower

Rainbow sorbet and pink chardonnay punch … A perfectly sunny room overlooking the pool…  Pink balloons and streamers and gorgeous flower arrangements …

I don’t know if  bridal shower can get any better than that. My hostess even put together these fun party favors for my guests.

They were filled with my favorite candy (licorice), pretty body lotions that smelled like vacation and lip gloss! These girls are talented!

I stayed up late the night before because I really wanted to make a pink ombre cake (you know like the ones all over Pinterest). I just neeeeeeeeded to have one at my shower.

The cake was perfect! It came out just how I had imagined. I used this recipe with boxed white cake and with some tips from my mom it wasn’t that hard! If you are interested I can do a recipe post on it later.

The French macarons were not as successful (some how this doesn’t surprise me). You can see from the photo there was about 10 macarons.  There should have been 50! The first batch had no “feet” and almost all of the second batch (yes it was a late night) cracked .

It was also my fiances bachelor party the night before the shower, so something to keep me busy all night and not worrying was a good thing. (They surprised him and “kidnapped” him from an alfresco lunch we set up. You should have seen his face when they carried him into this big white van! Priceless.)

Ericka also made these strawberry champagne cupcakes that were delicious. Check out the recipe here.

I am so grateful and it really warms my heart to see all the wonderful women that came together to celebrate me and the love of my life and our special day. I have so much and I am so lucky.

Just a little over a week now …. I can’t believe it’s so close <3

12 Responses to “My Bridal Shower”

1. Mo (New on U) posted on June 26, 2012 at 2:45 pm (#)

I can’t WAIT to see your wedding pics. And also hound you for diet advice when the day gets closer. I’ve given up on it for now because I’ll be in Europe for 3.5 weeks this summer and I will NOT be saying no to yummy french and italian food. But you look AMAZING so I’ll be wanting so tips :)

2. Heather posted on June 26, 2012 at 3:31 pm (#)

OMGOSH how sweet and cute is this! the cake is so adorable and yummy looking!!!

Congrats! How exciting!

3. Made in Sonoma posted on June 26, 2012 at 3:39 pm (#)

Looks like a great bridal shower! Great job on your cake & yes, do a post on it!

4. Ellen B Cookery posted on June 26, 2012 at 4:18 pm (#)

Congratulations and what a beautiful shower. I love all the pinks! Amazing cake. I love the ombre!

5. kalee @ soreyfitness posted on June 26, 2012 at 6:31 pm (#)

Everything looks so pretty!! The cake is so cool with all of the pinks!! :) I love it! Congratulations girlie!!!

6. Jen posted on June 26, 2012 at 6:38 pm (#)

In love with the cake! It looks so beautiful!

7. Christina Marie posted on June 26, 2012 at 7:23 pm (#)

Those champagne cupcakes look fluffy and delish. Looks like you had a great time!

Christina

8. Wendy posted on June 26, 2012 at 8:58 pm (#)

That cake looks so pretty! Everything looks so great. Congrats! ^_^

9. Mommyof2girlz/StephD posted on June 27, 2012 at 11:00 am (#)

What a fabulous shower and wonderful friends, beautiful!

10. Collections posted on June 27, 2012 at 5:21 pm (#)

This looks amazing as does that cake!

$100 Shopbop GIVEAWAY

11. Anita at Hungry Couple posted on June 28, 2012 at 12:34 am (#)

The cake is beautiful and so are you. I can’t wait for wedding photos.

12. claire @ the realistic nutritionist posted on June 28, 2012 at 8:30 pm (#)

You look SO BEAUTIFUL!! And I love that pink cake!! Congrats, love!