Strawberry Lemonade Muffins … or Biscuits

Don’t these look a-maz-ing?  When I saw the recipe in this April’s Southern Living  I couldn’t resist.

Strawberry. Lemonade. Muffins.  All of those words make me think of sweet, happy things.

Even the batter was delicious. I know it’s not good to consume raw eggs but sometimes I just can’t help myself. Look at that stuff!

There was a problem though. My muffins tasted more like biscuits.  Sigh . . .  Everyone else who followed the recipe online raved about these muffins. I am just not a baker I guess.  I can cook up some mean Bang Bang Cauliflower, but I am just not a baker.

Luckily they were still tasty and my better half still ate them. I wonder where I went wrong?

A little more on sweet and happy things, here are a couple of photos from our recent engagement photo shoot with Stephen at It’s Over Productions Photography as promised.

We had Honey with us of course :)

Sweet and Happy Recipe here: http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/strawberry-lemonade-muffins-50400000120518/

11 Responses to “Strawberry Lemonade Muffins … or Biscuits”

1. Anita at Hungry Couple posted on May 9, 2012 at 7:29 pm (#)

Awe, I love when the dogs are included in these types of photos. Our doggie is certainly a member of the family! Muffins…biscuits…who cares as long as they taste good. :)

2. Cake posted on May 9, 2012 at 8:12 pm (#)

Very sweet engagement pics! Strawberry lemonade biscuits are just as delicious for breakfast as muffins. :)

3. Emily posted on May 9, 2012 at 8:30 pm (#)

Oh those look so yumm! The perfect summer treat!!

4. Christina Marie posted on May 9, 2012 at 9:11 pm (#)

Love the engagement photos! You look so happy! I always thought blueberry muffins were my favorite until I eventually tried strawberry. The natural juices from the strawberries make it sooo moist, sweet and yummy!

Christina

5. Ali B posted on May 9, 2012 at 9:30 pm (#)

What sweet photos! Congratulations!

6. Dori posted on May 9, 2012 at 11:10 pm (#)

Wow these muffins do look good – I wouldn’t mind the flavor of biscuit at all! Maybe it’s kind of like a scone muffin…love that! Your pictures (muffins and engagement) are beautiful. Congrats to you two and to Honey as well – you all look like a very happy family already.

7. Made in Sonoma posted on May 10, 2012 at 12:49 am (#)

So cute! Can’t wait to do our engagement photos.

Hmm..maybe you stirred the muffin batter too much? I LOVE muffin batter…kind of weird, but it IS so good!

8. Rosemary posted on May 10, 2012 at 9:04 pm (#)

Lovely pictures of you and your fiance! — I understand you perfectly about the baking thing. I remain I’m determined not to be conquered by the baking beast, if it comes in yeast or baking powder form.

9. Emily Lynne {The Best of this Life} posted on May 12, 2012 at 7:17 pm (#)

Those muffins look delicious!!! And your engagement photos are the cutest – with your dog Honey…awe.
    Have a great weekend :)

10. Heidi {Young Grasshopper} posted on May 16, 2012 at 10:48 pm (#)

yum & so pretty…. great engagement pics <3

11. Kim Bee posted on May 17, 2012 at 3:21 am (#)

Sweet muffins and even sweeter family. Thanks for sharing your engagement photos with us.