Strawberry Caprese Salad and Another Wedding Dress

Tell me . . . Does it make me a bridezilla that I returned and purchased ANOTHER dress? (That makes four) I’ve been a pain in the butt about it, I know, but a girl has got to really like her wedding dress right?

My problem was I kept buying white gowns, trying to make them pass for wedding dresses. Don’t do this ladies. Just suck it up and go to a bridal shop. It’s worth it. I finally LOVE my dress.

It has an element of soft ruffles, mini polka dots and tulle and it’s strapless with a sweetheart neckline. That’s all you get!!!  And now for the strawberry caprese salad . . .

This recipe is adapted from last months Southern Living. The garlic, balsamic and olive oil dressing is what really makes this caprese salad drool worthy.

If you like caprese you  have  to try this, it’s perfect for spring or summer and it obviously presents well. We basically ate it all ourselves after I made it. You don’t have to use crostini either, it’s delish on it’s own.

Is it Friday yet?

Strawberry Caprese Salad (Serves about four recipe from Southern Living) 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 small garlic clove, minced
1 tablespoon light brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
1 (8-oz.) tub fresh mozzarella balls
4 cups halved fresh strawberries
1 handful of thinly sliced fresh basil
1 French baguette to make crostini (optional)

1. Whisk together white balsamic vinegar, minced garlic, brown sugar, salt, and freshly ground pepper in a large bowl until sugar is dissolved. Add olive oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking constantly until smooth. Refrigerate.

2.  Chop strawberries and mozzarella (to desired size, I halved medium sized balls)

3. Toss strawberries in chilled balsamic dressing. Add mozzarella and fresh basil before serving (I don’t like the mozzarella to get to browned from the balsamic, so I choose to add it last)

12 Responses to “Strawberry Caprese Salad and Another Wedding Dress”

1. Liz posted on May 2, 2012 at 2:51 pm (#)

I’m so happy that you finally have a gown that you are happy with! You are going to be a beautiful bride at sunrise! :)

2. Mo (New on U) posted on May 2, 2012 at 3:05 pm (#)

You would only be bridezilla if all of those dresses were non-returnable! So glad you found your perfect dress! (and it really is perfect)

3. Randilea @ Life As I Bake It posted on May 2, 2012 at 3:50 pm (#)

This looks so good! I need to make this soon. Congrats on getting a gown you finally love! I can’t wait to see pictures :)

4. Gabriella posted on May 2, 2012 at 8:00 pm (#)

This looks absolutely fantastic. I’ve made summer strawberry salads and I make caprese salad all the time, but I never thought to incorporate them together. Fabulous recipe!

Gabriella

5. alisia E. posted on May 2, 2012 at 9:51 pm (#)

this looks refreshing and light and perfect for a late spring snack! thanks for sharing

xx, alisia e

6. Emily @ She Makes and Bakes posted on May 3, 2012 at 1:56 pm (#)

This looks great, and since I love strawberries more than tomatoes, it’s perfect for me. Can’t wait to try this!

7. Kiri W. posted on May 3, 2012 at 5:46 pm (#)

What a wonderful idea – I would love to try this, it must be such a refreshing dish :)

8. Anita at Hungry Couple posted on May 3, 2012 at 9:44 pm (#)

Glad to hear you finally said yes to the dress. :)

9. Janet@FCTC posted on May 4, 2012 at 2:54 am (#)

I adore Caprese in any form and the idea of using strawberries with it sounds delicious!

The dress sounds beautiful :-)

10. Kels @ K and K Test Kitchen posted on May 4, 2012 at 3:15 am (#)

Oh my, strawberries in a caprese sounds too good to be true. I’ve always loved the combo of strawberries, basil, and balsamic – of course it would be good with some mozzarella!! And your dress sounds magical and totally un-bridezilla!

11. Kim Bee posted on May 4, 2012 at 4:24 am (#)

You gotta love your dress. So important. I still have mine 20 years later. And I still love it as much today as I did back then.

Great salad. I love the strawberry in it. It’s a really unique idea.

12. claire @ the realistic nutritionist posted on May 7, 2012 at 8:27 pm (#)

Love this. LOVE THIS.