Have I mentioned my love for Tzatziki sauce? I'm pretty sure I have. Tzatziki makes everything better.
I got this recipe from this months Cooking Light. Remember my chicken salad extravaganza? This was part of that and also my Fiance's favorite of all the chicken salads I made.
So I am trying my best to open up to you guys a little bit more lately. It's been very easy to hide behind photos of pretty food.
I plan to post some more photos of myself soon, but today, along with sharing a tasty greek chicken salad, I thought I could tell you five things about me that don't have to do chips and dip.
1. I'm a natural red head, but I've been highlighting my hair blonde since highschool. I don't really tan but I get a golden peach color. Red hair runs in my family and I'm crossing my fingers we don't have a redheaded boy (But of course I will love him no matter what. Life can just be harder for redheaded boys, sorry but it's true).
2. I wear leggings constantly. Leggings to the store, to the gym, in the house, even out at night if I can get away with it (with boots they can work!)
3. We change the lyrics of songs to incorporate the name of our dog (Honey) and or things she might say if she could talk and sing all the time. Most recently it's Adele's "Set Fire to the Rain" -- we have changed it to "Set Fire to the Crate." So silly.
4. I hate birds, they scare me. I was attacked by mocking birds when I was 14, (okay, okay attack is a strong word). They built a nest outside our front door and if you go near their babies they are extremely protective and will swoop down and hit you with their wings.
5. If I could live anywhere, I would move to New Orleans and live in the French Quarter. I've only been there once but it's one of my favorite places. (Not during Marti Gras though, it's not about the party scene for me, but the architecture, the food and the overall enviornment)
Tzatziki Chicken Salad (Recipe from Cooking Light)
2/3 cup plain 2% reduced-fat Greek yogurt
1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
3/8 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 cucumber, seeded and shredded
1 garlic clove, minced
2 cups shredded skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast
3 ounces multigrain pita chips or tortilla chips
1. Combine first 8 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add chicken; toss to coat. Serve with pita chips or in a wrap.