Easter in Connecticut

I went home this weekend to see my Mom in Connecticut for Easter. We went for a nice walk with the dog at the marina near her house and I took some photos of the ocean.

I miss New England, it really is beautiful and I really  miss the ocean. I could have snapped photos all day.

I was only home for a short time, so it was nice not to have any particular plans and just relax with my mom. We even went to a French bakery down the road so I could sample more macaroons for my next attempt!

Here is my mom and her best little buddy.  Quincy is 13 years old and  he never leaves her side.

We ate Chinese food for dinner, colored eggs and talked about the wedding.

It’s been forever since we actually colored Easter eggs together. We really got creative.  Here are some of my favorites.

Watermelon egg.

Traditional Easter egg. (My mom has gorgeous handwriting. Too bad that was not a trait that was passed down to me!)

Our “Save the Date” egg :)

And our Tiffany egg.  Hope you had a good Easter too!

9 Responses to “Easter in Connecticut”

1. Melissa posted on April 9, 2012 at 1:40 am (#)

gorgeous pictures! looks like you had a great easter! :)

2. Laura | A Healthy Jalapeño posted on April 9, 2012 at 2:30 am (#)

Beautiful pic’s… where does your mom live in CT? I live in Danbury but grew up in Trumbull… we’re like neighbors :)

• Michelle O replied on April 9th, 2012 at 1:46 pm

We are from Fairfield! I was born there but moved around alot. Now I’m in DC. We are l ike neighbors! :)

3. Sabrina posted on April 9, 2012 at 3:22 am (#)

I love the eggs and the pictures!

4. Sutapa posted on April 9, 2012 at 12:13 pm (#)

Lovely pics and it seems that you spend a great time….Happy Easter to you and all your loved ones!

5. Anita at Hungry Couple posted on April 9, 2012 at 1:17 pm (#)

Those eggs are stunning – absolute works of art. I also love New England and always feel peaceful when I’m there. I’m glad you got to spend a relaxing holiday with your mom.

6. Abby posted on April 9, 2012 at 3:14 pm (#)

What a fun weekend! Wedding planning is so exciting, I just wish Pinterest had been invented during mine.

7. Gluten free products posted on April 9, 2012 at 4:54 pm (#)

Great blogging, it’ll inspire a lot people surely, thanks for sharing.

8. Christine's Pantry posted on April 10, 2012 at 3:46 am (#)

I’m glad you had a great Easter. Nice photos. I grow up in Vermont. I too miss New England.