Crock Pot Blackbeans, Salsa and Chicken

Tender, flavorful, fork shredded chicken with black beans and homemade salsa, slow cooked in the crock pot. Don’t forget the squeeze of lime . . .  Mmmmm.

I’ve seen this crock pot chicken recipe on Pinterest several times and I finally decided to try it.   So glad I did.

I even topped it with some Greek yogurt (0%) instead of sour cream and a touch of hot sauce.

Has anyone done Jillian Michael’s “30 Day Shred” work out? I just started the other day and man am I sore. I’ve got about 80 days to get to my goal though and if I can just keep it up I’ll be in good shape. (Literally)

I was thinking of giving myself an reward if I do the work out video every day at least 6 days a week. If I  make it to the end of each week without cheating, maybe I go buy a new shirt? And maybe if I make it all month I go buy some new shoes? Wooo hooo!

My diet has become budget busting :)

Crock Pot Black beans, Salsa and Chicken (Recipe from Skinny Ms. awesome diet blog) 4 chicken breasts, skinless, boneless
1 can low sodium black beans, rinsed
1-2 cups salsa of your choice (See my homemade salsa recipe here)
8 tortillas, whole wheat or low carb
1 Lime

1. Place all ingredients in slow cooker on low for 4-6 hours. Shred it with a fork. Serve in a low carb tortilla, by itself or over a salad with a squeeze of lime.

(Serves 4-6 or makes dinner and lunch for days!)

9 Responses to “Crock Pot Blackbeans, Salsa and Chicken”

1. Nurşen Aksoy posted on April 12, 2012 at 8:39 pm (#)

Hi..Lovely tortillas..They looks great..

2. Erica posted on April 12, 2012 at 8:46 pm (#)

What a coincidence, I just started the 30-day shred too! I’ve been doing it for just over a week. I’m thinking of moving up to level 2 soon (!!!) Maybe tomorrow, hahaha… Rewarding yourself is a good way of boosting your resolve to stick with it, unless your reward is a bowl of ice cream :) Hahaha. Mmmm, ice cream…

3. Michelle O posted on April 12, 2012 at 8:52 pm (#)

Haha Erica you just made me laugh out loud. :) Let me know how your 30 days ends!!!

4. Liz posted on April 12, 2012 at 8:59 pm (#)

hum… maybe I should join you girls in doing the shred… :)

5. Tracy @ Pale Yellow posted on April 12, 2012 at 9:14 pm (#)

This looks a great, easy recipe! Good look with the shred. I’ve done PX90 and that is pretty intense.

6. Gerry @Foodness Gracious posted on April 13, 2012 at 6:23 am (#)

Fantastic looking tacos, I need to check Pintrest more for recipes :)

7. Sarah posted on April 13, 2012 at 4:55 pm (#)

I have the shred DVD but haven’t started yet. From what I have heard, it truly is a killer workout and well worth it with the results. I think that you definitely deserve rewards for hitting goals you set :)

8. firefoodie posted on April 16, 2012 at 1:51 pm (#)

Wow, they look good. I can almost smell that lime! :)

9. Tracy {Pale Yellow} posted on April 19, 2012 at 10:00 pm (#)

I made these Sunday for dinner – delicious! I used jar salsa and the chicken was moist and tender. Great recipe!