Jameson and Baileys Cupcakes

I’m a Jameson on the rocks kind of girl.  Hardcore right? Even cooler, I am now a Jameson in a cupcake kind of girl.

This recipe is delicious and just what St. Patrick ordered. The whiskey mostly bakes out, but there is a slight hint of it that sits on your tongue in a buttery way.

I know I am missing the beer (Irish car-bomb) but in my opinion you can’t taste the beer anyway — the whiskey is the good stuff. Plus I didn’t have any Guinness in the house ;)

However, I did have a box of chocolate pudding on hand that helped to make the cake super moist and fluffy.

I ate one, this one right here actually. (okay maybe I had two) The rest will go straight to work. Right away.

Shopping List (Makes 24 cupcakes)
Jameson Cake
1 box yellow cake
1 box chocolate pudding
4 eggs
3/4 cup coconut or canola oil
3/4 cup water
1/2 cup Jameson

Baileys Cream Cheese Frosting
2, 4 oz.  packages of cream cheese (room temp.)
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup Baileys Irish Cream (add more to liking)

1. Preheat over to 350 degrees. Mix cake ingredients together in a large bowl until smooth. Pour cake mix into cupcake tins and bake for 18 minutes. Let sit until cool.

2. In another large bowl mix cream cheese, powdered sugar and Baileys for frosting. Taste test to liking, adding more sugar or Baileys. Keep in mind too much Baileys will loosen the frosting.

3. Frost cupcakes when cool and serve! Cheers.

13 Responses to “Jameson and Baileys Cupcakes”

1. Medeja posted on March 11, 2012 at 4:00 am (#)

I especially like that Baileys frosting!

2. ChinkyGirLMeL posted on March 11, 2012 at 4:34 am (#)

oooh looks soooooo good!

3. The Culinary Lens posted on March 11, 2012 at 5:24 pm (#)

This looks great. I too could eat the frosting as pudding. These would be so good as mini cupcakes. One bite wonders

4. LL550 posted on March 11, 2012 at 5:34 pm (#)

Oh my goodness these look delicious!! I need to try these out soon, I’m definitely a whiskey on the rocks girl as well!

5. Kiri W. posted on March 11, 2012 at 7:20 pm (#)

Ooooh, yes please. I think my mom and I would have serious fights about these! :)

6. Jaime posted on March 11, 2012 at 8:45 pm (#)

The frosting inside the cake is a good idea…a very good idea :)

7. RavieNomNoms posted on March 12, 2012 at 12:55 pm (#)

That is MY kind of cupcake! Where do I sign up for these?

8. Kristina posted on March 13, 2012 at 1:36 pm (#)

haha omg these cupcakes are amazing! Jameson cupcakes?? With Bailey’s Frosting?? Forget the shot and a beer, shot and a cupcake? :)

9. KJmusicuploud posted on March 15, 2012 at 1:13 am (#)

This comment has been removed by the author.

10. claire @ the realistic nutritionist posted on March 15, 2012 at 9:10 pm (#)

YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can I come over? Have jello shots and boozy cupcakes?

11. KJmusicuploud posted on March 16, 2012 at 7:22 pm (#)

The Bailey’s was a little strong so I added a second cup of powdered sugar to the frosting. It came out wonderfully!

12. Sweet and Salty SF posted on March 22, 2012 at 3:18 am (#)

My friend LOVES Jameson and who doesn’t like Bailey’s?? Bookmarked for our next gals outing!

13. Tina posted on April 24, 2012 at 8:15 am (#)

Thank you for this wonderful recipe! I’m sorry if this sounds slightly stupid, but how did you get the frosting into the cupcake? Did you just cut a part of the cupcake out afterwards? But wouldn’t that be messy? I can’t seem to figure it out ^^’