Crispy Brussels Sprouts with Greek Yogurt Ranch

I made these for my fiances grandparents when they came to see our new place this past weekend.  My favorite part was the Greek yogurt ranch dip.

It has the same creamy ranch taste as a sour cream base, but zero fat and more protein.  Love it.

I also love the little brussels leaves that break away from the sprout and get super crunchy like a potato chip when you bake them. I scavenge for those before serving!

Salt these sprouts generously and make sure they have a thin coating of olive oil. I can’t believe I used to hate brussels sprouts when I was a kid, what was I thinking?

Shopping List (Serves 4-6)1 mesh bag fresh brussels sprouts — from produce section
1/4 cup olive oil
1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch powder
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 cup Greek yogurt (I used fat free)
Salt

1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Quarter your sprouts and coat them in olive oil, place them on a thin cookie sheet and sprinkle generously with salt. Bake for about 15-25 minutes. Look for those crunchy leaves to test if they are done.

2. Mix yogurt with about 1 tablespoon of ranch powder and lemon juice. Taste test, add more ranch if you like.

Serve while sprouts are still hot.

18 Responses to “Crispy Brussels Sprouts with Greek Yogurt Ranch”

1. Liz Brown posted on March 7, 2012 at 5:35 pm (#)

I have never ever had brussels sprouts. They look … maybe OK?

I might have to try some.

2. Alaiyo Kiasi-Barnes posted on March 7, 2012 at 5:45 pm (#)

I have a love/hate relationship with brussel sprouts. I love them based on the way they are cooked–and usually in a fine restaurant. I’m pretty certain that I would love this recipe, and I’m planning to try it. Thanks for the idea!

3. Collections posted on March 7, 2012 at 6:07 pm (#)

This looks SO good and I don’t even know if I like brussel sprouts.

Shoppalu Leather Jacket Giveaway

4. Deelicious Sweets posted on March 7, 2012 at 7:03 pm (#)

Alright Michelle, it’s been decided that I’m just moving in with you. You keep making all of these fantastic veggie recipes that I just go and remake. Let’s save some time and you can make them for all of us :) Looks fantastic….again!

5. Jennie @themessybakerblog posted on March 7, 2012 at 8:39 pm (#)

This is such a clever idea. I love brussels. I know they get little recognition, but they are super tasty and healthy. I’m going to try this recipe. Thanks!

6. Jaymee Sire posted on March 7, 2012 at 9:17 pm (#)

Love brussels sprouts…and I do the same dip for carrots! Tastes exactly the same.

7. Wanna Be A Country Cleaver posted on March 7, 2012 at 9:40 pm (#)

I love a good brussels sprout! The dip is such a brilliant idea.~Megan

8. Sarah Bulmer posted on March 8, 2012 at 12:17 am (#)

Those crunchy leaves sure do look tasty! :)

9. Sweet and Salty SF posted on March 8, 2012 at 1:45 am (#)

I detested brussels sprouts until a few years ago! And these sound even better with your healthy ranch dip!

10. Dena @ 40 Fit In the Mitt posted on March 8, 2012 at 3:01 am (#)

Now that’s a great way to eat them!

11. Laura Perry posted on March 8, 2012 at 4:16 am (#)

This looks amazing! I can’t wait to try. :)

12. Barbara posted on March 8, 2012 at 9:49 pm (#)

yum, making them tomorrow.

13. ★ JASMINE ★ {Barbie-Bombshell} posted on March 9, 2012 at 1:40 am (#)

hey doll! i saw you over on a friends page and wanted to say i love your blog!

am now your newest follower!
    would be delighted if you could follow back ?

hugs, xo!
    ** BARBIE-BOMBSHELL.BLOGSPOT.COM **

14. Shelby posted on March 10, 2012 at 1:28 am (#)

I’m going to the grocery tomorrow and making this!! I’m excited!! FB me if you have tips Michelle…. I can’t cook anything besides a grilled cheese. :D

15. Girl living in Oslo posted on March 10, 2012 at 4:28 pm (#)

Hello from Norway:)
    I want food now :) have a great weekend !

16. Anonymous posted on March 19, 2012 at 4:43 pm (#)

Had these this past weekend at my sister’s house when my niece cooked a big platter of them for everyone!! Since we are all fiends for brussels, it is a good thing she made such a huge platter! The dip was a refreshing change.

17. Anonymous posted on April 1, 2012 at 12:16 am (#)

I am going to make this recipe this week-they look sodelicious.

18. A. Alderson posted on April 6, 2013 at 2:24 pm (#)

Just made these the other night. They are absolutely delicious, and I think I have found my new favorite way to make brussels sprouts! So easy too!