Avocado Chocolate Pudding

How is it that I have lived 30 years and no one has ever made me avocado chocolate pudding? Forget making it for me, someone could have at least told me  about it.

This pudding is a game changer. I don’t even really like pudding, but this stuff …

IS THE BEST CHOCOLATE PUDDING I’VE EVER HAD IN MY LIFE.

Listen … I am going to do you a favor and beg you to try this recipe. Especially if you like chocolate (Ericka I am talking to you). I know the avocado sounds strange, but once you taste it, it all makes sense.

In other news, I got a new camera.

We finished moving in to our new place.

And the wedding date is finally set and secure and rapidly approaching.  I’m off to eat some pudding and read my new enormous bridal magazine. Sundays are good.

Shopping List (Serves 4)
1 ripe avocado
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
2 tablespoons raw cocoa powder
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup honey
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
dash of salt

(Other recipes I have seen call for agave nectar instead of sugar or honey,  I personally just don’t like the flavor of agave)

Place all ingredients in a large bowl and mix with a hand mixer until creamy and smooth and serve.

12 Responses to “Avocado Chocolate Pudding”

1. Sarah Bulmer posted on March 4, 2012 at 10:40 pm (#)

This is so cool! What a great healthy pudding recipe! Can’t wait to try it. You totally rock :)

2. Liam @ Is Butter a Carb posted on March 4, 2012 at 11:22 pm (#)

Avocado…Chocolate…pudding…

I’m sorry.. I think I’m hallucinating..

I have to try this out. I hate avocados. But this intrigues me. Like a moth drawn to a flame. I know I hate avocados.. But I still want it all over and in my mouth.

Great post ;)

3. Dena @ 40 Fit In the Mitt posted on March 5, 2012 at 12:36 am (#)

I just got some cocoa powder and have been wondering what to make, looks like I found it!

4. Jaime posted on March 5, 2012 at 6:02 pm (#)

Looks divine – I must go get an avocado!

5. mike@the culinary lens posted on March 5, 2012 at 10:08 pm (#)

I am having such difficulty imagining this. All the ingredients I like individually and cannot wait to try this.. Now following you on pinterest BTW

6. Kiri W. posted on March 6, 2012 at 2:46 am (#)

Holy cow! This sounds mind-blowing…. I really will have to try this, crazy!

7. Natalie@DeconstructingTheHome posted on March 6, 2012 at 3:08 pm (#)

Oh my, such a great idea! I will try this very soon!

8. Anonymous posted on March 6, 2012 at 3:31 pm (#)

Avocado is tasty but with chocolate…. you are always creative! Love your blog!

9. Jaymee Sire posted on March 7, 2012 at 9:15 pm (#)

This looks amazing! I must try. Also…what kind of camera did you get??

10. Dena @ 40 Fit In the Mitt posted on March 9, 2012 at 3:42 am (#)

I made this recipe tonight, but I think I made a mistake, I melted the coconut oil. It tasted amazing, but it had a white oily shine to it

11. Kristina posted on March 9, 2012 at 6:53 pm (#)

fun recipe!! I saw an avocado mousse recipe a while back and I’ve been wanting to try some ever since, the avocado kinda freaked me out but now I’m going to have to try it after your post :)

12. Jen Brooks posted on March 23, 2012 at 12:08 am (#)

This is a really tasty treat! I made it tonight, and everyone enjoyed it. I think next time though I will use powdered sugar instead of regular white sugar, for a smoother consistency. And maybe mush up the avocado more before mixing it all up. Although I find that if it is covered in chocolate, it really doesn’t matter if there are a few green lumps lol!