Roasted Beet and Goat Cheese Pizza (200 Calories Per Slice)

I love beets and goat cheese, and I love pizza … I don’t know why it took me so long to think of putting them all together. Especially since it’s a low calorie pizza!

I can’t lie though, I admit that before I ate a slice I added just a little bit more goat cheese. (Cheese head here!)

There is something about this pizza that makes me think of spring time. Maybe it’s the pink and green from the beets and spinach, or maybe it’s because it seems so fresh and healthy.

Maybe it’s just because I want spring to arrive so badly! Today it’s suppose to be almost 70 degrees in DC. I walked out of the house in flip flops for my commute to the city even though it’s still about 45 degrees in the morning.

I only saw one other female donning flip flops on my way in. Since I was unsure if it was too early in the season to get away with it, I was checking just about everyones feet.

I decided immediately that her and I clearly had the most common sense. Right on girl!

Shopping List (recipe adapted from Cooking Light)
1 Store bought thin crust pizza
3 Roasted Beets, sliced with a mandolin extra thin
1/3 Cup crumbled goat cheese
1 Cup fresh spinach
1/3 Cup extra virgin olive oil
Pinch of salt

1. Pre heat over to 425 degrees. Bake crust (plain) for about 8 minutes or until edges are golden brown.

2. Remove pizza from oven and top with olive oil then beets, half of your goat cheese, spinach and then remaining goat cheese. Sprinkle on some salt and enjoy..

9 Responses to “Roasted Beet and Goat Cheese Pizza (200 Calories Per Slice)”

1. matt posted on February 23, 2012 at 3:04 pm (#)

Looks like bouquet of roses. :)

2. Laura @ A Healthy Jalapeño posted on February 23, 2012 at 3:10 pm (#)

This sounds soooooo delicious! I would eat this up, and Fridays are pizza nights so this might be on the menu!

3. Collections posted on February 23, 2012 at 4:28 pm (#)

omg this looks so incredible. I love beets with goat cheese.

Collections

4. Maggie posted on February 23, 2012 at 4:44 pm (#)

You rock those flip flops girl! I am always one of the first ones to break them out around here too…my feet love that freedom. Super jealous of your 70 degree weather today.
    This pizza looks awesome, and yes, beets and goat cheese are always such a winning combo. This is my first visit to your site and I am already looking forward to reading more! :-)

5. Made in Sonoma posted on February 23, 2012 at 5:19 pm (#)

I love this combo in salads, so I’m sure I’d love it on pizza.

6. Christina Marie posted on February 23, 2012 at 5:46 pm (#)

Oh my gosh! Delicious looking and healthy?! Too good. :)

Come check out the Potato Tacos I made.

xo,
    Christina

7. Steph posted on February 23, 2012 at 5:48 pm (#)

a pizza that’s only 200 calories…is this not the best thing EVER!

8. Kiri W. posted on February 23, 2012 at 8:48 pm (#)

Looks very pretty! I probably would succumb to more cheese, myself.

9. Erin @ Dinners, Dishes and Desserts posted on February 26, 2012 at 10:45 pm (#)

What a pretty pizza! I am not a huge fan of beets, but put it on pizza, and I am pretty sure I would eat it :)