Lately

I’ve been missing I know, but I’m back ….

A few things have happened over the last month or two that had me running around like a chicken with my head cut off, but things are about to simmer down. Kind of.

I got a new job! It was a long process but I got it! Tomorrow I will start my new job at a think tank in DC as a “Senior Media Associate.” Fancy schmancy right?

Also, I turned 30. Sigh… But it was a perfect day thanks to my fiance and friends.  It started out with brunch with the soon to be hubby and then he took me on a shopping spree for new work clothes.  I’m a lucky, lucky lady.

Below is a photo of us celebrating later that night at Jaleo (my favorite restaurant).

In other news — just to add to the chaos —  we are moving. My commute is about to change A LOT but it will be worth it.

I’m off work today (Happy Birthday George Washington) so I plan to do some packing, and blogging. I came up with this killer “Bang Bang Cauliflower” recipe that I will post soon.

Thanks for bearing with me while I dropped off the blogosphere. I promise more fun party treats are coming soon.

10 Responses to “Lately”

1. Emily posted on February 20, 2012 at 4:25 pm (#)

Sounds like alot of exciting things are happening! Best of luck with everything!

• Michelle O replied on February 20th, 2012 at 4:28 pm

Thanks Emily :)

2. Christina Marie posted on February 20, 2012 at 4:26 pm (#)

I adore this restaurant. Their fried bacon wrapped dates… out of this world! I wish I lived in DC so I could eat them all the time! Happy turning 30. :)

Christina

• Michelle O replied on February 20th, 2012 at 4:28 pm

The fried dates wrapped in bacon are sooooooooo good :)

3. Laura @ A Healthy JalapeƱo posted on February 20, 2012 at 5:11 pm (#)

Sounds like a terrific bday! And welcome back :)

4. Made in Sonoma posted on February 20, 2012 at 5:46 pm (#)

Happy late Birthday and congrats on the new job!

5. The Chef Doc posted on February 20, 2012 at 7:10 pm (#)

Congratulations, Michelle! I hope your new job will be fabulous, just like you :-) Happy belated birthday, too! I look forward to reading about the cauliflower recipe.

6. firefoodie posted on February 20, 2012 at 9:43 pm (#)

Congrats and looking forward to seeing you back in the ‘sphere’ :)

7. Alyssa3002@aol.com posted on February 21, 2012 at 4:22 am (#)

Happy Belated Birthday! I loved Jaleo when I lived in DC.

8. adiecakes posted on February 29, 2012 at 4:20 pm (#)

I just stumbled upon your blog through pinterest, and I’m excited to follow! Anyone whose favorite restaurant is Jaleo is a total winner in my book :) Also, totally making that cauliflower recipe tonight!