Clams Casino Dip

I love dip.

It’s true, ask my friend Ericka. The first day we met at our new journalism internships we had to introduce ourselves in front of everyone as well as mention something we love.  I said, “Hi, I’m Michelle and I love condiments and dip.”

What?!  Why would I say that?  Ugh, I’m blushing right now, but I have to admit it’s funny.

Especially because here I am six years later, still writing, not about politics anymore but my love for DIP.

This recipe might be my new favorite (watch out buffalo chicken dip). I’m trying desperately to stop eating it right now while typing. Cream cheese on the keyboard is a no-no.

I didn’t have any chips at home, so I used toast points. But I’m thinking that salty chips would take this dip right where it needs to be.

How about Old Bay seasoned chips. YUM.  Go Ravens!

Shopping List (serving size is good for a small gathering during the big game)
10 oz can fancy whole baby clams
1/2 red bell pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup chives or green onions
2 oz bacon, cooked until crisp and chopped
8oz. cream cheese
1/4 cup light sour cream
1 table spoon lemon juice
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and mince your garlic, chop your red peppers, crispy bacon, green onion and half of the can of whole baby clams — set aside for later.

In a oven safe pan/bowl mix your softened cream cheese, 1/4 cup light sour cream, garlic and shredded mozzarella.

Place pan in the oven just until cheese becomes warm and melted (about 5 minutes).

Carefully pour in baby clams,  red peppers, bacon, and green onion. Stir lightly. Add tablespoon lemon juice and stir again.

Pour in clean serving bowl while still warm and enjoy!

14 Responses to “Clams Casino Dip”

1. Collections posted on January 22, 2012 at 3:19 am (#)

I am a huge fan of dip as well… this one looks so delicious.

Collections

2. Christine's Pantry posted on January 22, 2012 at 4:40 am (#)

This dip looks so good. Yum!

3. Aarthi posted on January 22, 2012 at 3:45 pm (#)
  4. PolaM posted on January 23, 2012 at 1:16 am (#)

This dip looks fantastic! I have to organize a dip party to have an excuse to unleash my love of dips!

5. Matt @ RecipeLion posted on January 23, 2012 at 2:18 pm (#)

This dish looks great! I would love it if you linked up this recipe to my comfort foods blog hop for a chance to win a Wilton donut pan: http://bit.ly/yMcu5R

6. Kiri W. posted on January 23, 2012 at 3:01 pm (#)

I love these little dippers! Looks fantastic, and congratulations on Top 9! :)

7. Anonymous posted on January 23, 2012 at 6:21 pm (#)

what about the second half of whole can of clams?????

8. Michelle O posted on January 23, 2012 at 7:23 pm (#)

Hey Anon,

They would work well with some fettuccine for dinner the next night! Try this recipe http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Fettuccine-with-Bacon-Clam-Sauce (YUM) But either way they aren’t that pricey so I had no problem tossing the rest. Now if it was fresh crab meat on the other hand, then I would have a problem :)

9. Free Spirit Eater posted on January 23, 2012 at 7:57 pm (#)

Yum! What a delicious looking dip! I’ve never had clam dip before, but I relate to you in that I can’t get enough dip, I absolutely LOVE it! Thanks for sharing such a delicious looking recipe. Congratulations on Top 9! =]

10. Erin @ Dinners, Dishes and Desserts posted on January 23, 2012 at 11:15 pm (#)

My hubby loves dip and condiments too, that introduction would fit perfectly for him. He is constantly getting a bottle of this or that to add to something. This looks like a great dip for any party.

11. Cris posted on January 25, 2012 at 12:38 am (#)

I love dips and when I got the foodbuzz newsletter your recipe stood out, I had to check it out… and I love it!

12. Kim Bee posted on January 29, 2012 at 5:41 am (#)

Okay these might convince me to start drinking. Lol. These are adorable Michelle. You are so creative.

13. Lacy posted on January 30, 2012 at 5:16 pm (#)

This sounds delicious! I love clams casino, I can’t even begin to imagine how delicious this dip is. I’m a fan of dips myself and I think this might be in line to make next. Yum!

14. Jen posted on May 24, 2012 at 10:49 pm (#)

This is a really great recipe. Something you’d find at a nice party. Thanks for sharing the recipe!