Snowman Cheese Plate

♫ Frosty the cheese ball was a salty, savory treat!

With a cracker hat and and carrot nose,

and two eyes made out of a capers! ♫

Not really the fanciest cheese plate but probably the CUTEST one you can make for a holiday party!  He’s delicious too, I felt bad digging in.

Shopping List
1 package 8 oz. cream cheese
quarter of a stick of butter
1/2 envelope of powdered ranch dressing
1 teaspoon horseradish
sliced black olives
capers, for eyes (you could still use the olives if you don’t have capers)
pretzel sticks, for arms
crackers, for hat
carrots, for nose

In a medium sized bowl add your cream cheese and butter, mix until combined with an electric mixer. Add your ranch dressing and horseradish. Test the flavors to make sure they have the intensity you want, remember you can always add more.

When combined form two balls, one large and one small. They wont be perfect yet, the cheese is too soft. Place the cheese in the freezer for about 15 minutes.

Slice your olives for the buttons and mouth and the carrot for the nose.

When the cheese has firmed up smooth it out and place the large one on the bottom and small one on top for the body, add your extra pieces.

Tip: Leave some of the extra olives on the plate, they are really tasty with the cheese and crackers.

15 Responses to “Snowman Cheese Plate”

1. Christiane Potts posted on December 19, 2011 at 1:57 am (#)

Awwww, that’s so cute! I love it but I wouldn’t have any trouble diving in, especially with that addition of horseradish. Looks fantastic.

2. Lori Lynn posted on December 19, 2011 at 3:18 am (#)

Way. Too. Cute.
    Happy holidays Michelle.
    LL

3. Ann posted on December 19, 2011 at 3:58 am (#)

LOVE it! What an adorable dish and it looks absolutely delicious! Thanks SO much for sharing!

4. Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. posted on December 19, 2011 at 5:13 am (#)

I hereby declare you Queen of jello shots and cheese plates!

5. momdecuisine.net posted on December 19, 2011 at 9:50 am (#)

How fun! I especially love his hat!

6. April posted on December 19, 2011 at 4:42 pm (#)

This is adorable! I love this :) Thanks for sharing this!

7. Valerie @ From Valerie's Kitchen posted on December 19, 2011 at 5:16 pm (#)

Lovin’ this! So super cute for Christmas.

8. Tina posted on December 19, 2011 at 6:36 pm (#)

Adorable and creative cheese ball here! I like that this snowman has a festival whimsical look instead of a manufactured one. Well done and keep these wonder creations coming.

9. janet@fromcupcakestocaviar posted on December 19, 2011 at 7:53 pm (#)

This is so cute. Immediate smile factor going on with this one, Michelle!

10. Kelli H (Made in Sonoma) posted on December 19, 2011 at 10:38 pm (#)

haha, I’d probably feel bad eating him too, but I’m sure it was worth it!

11. Christine posted on December 21, 2011 at 9:13 am (#)

Aww, what a great idea! I’d be sad to tear the poor snowman apart though… y’know — until I got hungry enough. ;)

12. Kiri W. posted on December 24, 2011 at 2:42 pm (#)

Very cute idea!

13. Peggy posted on December 27, 2011 at 5:00 pm (#)

This is way too cute!

14. Ana posted on December 30, 2011 at 4:17 pm (#)

So very cute!! It’s not too late to do this, is it? :)

15. Eating Local in the Lou posted on January 2, 2012 at 12:30 am (#)

I love this cute and edible guy! You have many fabulous ideas on your site. Keep up the great work!