Peppermint Mocha Holiday Jello Shot

Okay, here it is as promised….

Caffeinated  jello shots …  Why did I not think of this sooner?! It’s the perfect combination of my two favorite things!

The candy cane on the side is not only perfect for the holidays, but it also helps you extract the jello shot out of the cup! (We know how much I hate sticky fingers)

I also used a Starbucks K-cup for the coffee portion, which is the perfect amount (exactly one cup and really convenient for cooking) and rich in flavor. It tastes just like the coffee you would get for a peppermint mocha at a Starbucks storefront!

P.S. I usually offer a kid friendly, non alcoholic version of all my jello shots, but this one is best for grown ups only. With coffee and booze there really is no good adjustment.

Peppermint Mocha Caffeinated Jello Shots (Makes about 15 jello shots)
2 envelops Knox Gelatin
1 cup warm coffee
4 tablespoons sugar
1 cup Godiva chocolate liquor (you could use chocolate vodka if you wanted to bump up the alcohol content)
Mini Candy-canes
Whipped cream
2 oz clear plastic shot glasses

1. Pour one cup coffee into a medium sized sauce pan.  Sprinkle two envelops Knox gelatin on top. Let sit for 1 minute so the gelatin can activate. Add your sugar and turn on medium heat. When the gelatin and the sugar has dissolved turn off the heat.

2. Pour cold chocolate liquor or vodka into the sauce pan.

3. Pour mixture into shot glasses and refrigerated for at least 2 hours or overnight.

Right before serving stick in your candy cane and top with whipped cream. Do not stick your candy cane in while the jello is forming, it will dissolve.

As part of the Foodbuzz Tastemaker Program, I received a Keurig B70 brewer and samples of Starbuck’s K-cup portion packs.

21 Responses to “Peppermint Mocha Holiday Jello Shot”

1. Kiri W. posted on December 2, 2011 at 4:20 pm (#)

Mmmmmm godiva chocolate liquor! I am so sold! These look absolutely great, and very wintry!

2. carlyklock posted on December 2, 2011 at 4:28 pm (#)

love these – i’ll definitely be going with vodka. :)

perfect candy cane addition – form and function!

3. Kelly | Eat Yourself Skinny posted on December 2, 2011 at 4:53 pm (#)

Girl you are the QUEEN of jello shots and this was certainly doesn’t disappoint! So festive and super cute, bet this tastes delicious! xoxo

4. maggie. mayd. posted on December 2, 2011 at 6:03 pm (#)

I love that this is a different consistency, so exciting. It is the perfect size and perfect flavor! LOVE!

5. Ashley Lynn posted on December 2, 2011 at 6:11 pm (#)

Sooo fantastic!! Have a great time basking in the sun!

6. Tina posted on December 2, 2011 at 6:32 pm (#)

Yum, now I can have two, one eggnog and one peppermint mocha! If that does not get me into the holiday spirit I do not know what will. I look forward to seeing your vacation pictures when you get back-enjoy!

7. Made in Sonoma posted on December 2, 2011 at 7:25 pm (#)

These sound good but I don’t think I could handle the egg nog ones…haha.

8. janet@fromcupcakestocaviar posted on December 2, 2011 at 9:46 pm (#)

Oooo, Godiva liquor and coffee. I can drink…erhm, eat…a few of those!

9. {JANE} posted on December 2, 2011 at 10:56 pm (#)

I want to have a holiday party now just to make these. They look so pretty & sound pretty delish too! Yum!

10. Amalia posted on December 3, 2011 at 3:57 am (#)

These look awesome! They’re so festive and cute, perfect for holiday parties! Great recipe :)

11. Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. posted on December 3, 2011 at 5:20 am (#)

This might be my favorite one yet!

12. momdecuisine.net posted on December 4, 2011 at 7:08 am (#)

Love it! Anything peppermint and chocolately around the holidays is good in my book. Great holiday shot, now I’m off to look at the eggnog ones!

13. Angie posted on December 21, 2011 at 5:30 am (#)

i made these for my holiday party on friday night and they were a total hit! thank you. i can’t wait to try your others!

14. Anonymous posted on December 30, 2011 at 5:58 pm (#)

your website is one of mew favorite sites ever…thansk for all of the ideas.

15. Anonymous posted on January 11, 2012 at 12:28 am (#)

what is the coffee portion for those of us out of loop and still brewing good ol fashioned coffee and not k-cups?

16. Michelle O posted on January 11, 2012 at 12:30 am (#)

Hey Anon … its just one cup! :)

17. shelly posted on January 26, 2012 at 9:39 pm (#)

i made these for a holiday party with chocolate whip vodka and they were a hit:-)

18. shelly posted on January 26, 2012 at 9:40 pm (#)

19. Robert R.Hayes posted on February 11, 2012 at 5:44 am (#)

I and my buddies were viewing the nice recommendations on the blog then suddenly I got a terrible suspicion I never thanked the site owner for those techniques. All of the ladies are already for this reason excited to see them and have in reality been loving them. Thanks for genuinely so accommodating and for opting for such essential tips millions of individuals are really eager to be aware of. My very own honest regret for not expressing gratitude to you earlier.
    2004-2008 Ford F150 Chrome Fender Trim (Long)

20. James posted on May 27, 2012 at 12:03 am (#)

I love, love, love these….not only for the amazing flavor combo you have going on, but also for the excitement and anticipation they evoke for the upcoming holiday season…..so in love with these :)

24h pharmacy online

21. Angela Bosovski posted on December 4, 2012 at 6:22 pm (#)

making these for my wedding this Saturday!