Eggnog Jello Shots

Because I will be basking in the glorious Caribbean sunshine and not cooking or blogging next week,  I decided to hit you with a double whammy. Another holiday jello shot, and this one is a no brainer.

Eggnog jello shots!

Love it hate it (and I love it) eggnog is a Christmas classic.  Seeing at groceries stores is an indicator that it’s okay start planning holiday parties, making holiday cookies and rocking out to Christmas music in your car.

Oh I love Christmas.

These jello shots are SUPER tasty and they are firm like a custard would be. Enjoy! And drink responsibly, these babies are strong!

(For a kid friendly non-alcoholic version just use more eggnog [cold] or water instead of rum or brandy)

Shopping List  (Makes about 15 Jello Shots)

1 Cup Golden Eggnog
1 Cup rum or brandy of choice
1 packet Knox gelatin
Cinnamon sticks
Whipped cream
Grated nutmeg
2 oz. clear plastic shot glasses (can be purchased here if you can’t find them in a store)

Pour your cup of eggnog into a medium sized saucepan, sprinkle the gelatin packet on top and let sit for a couple minutes to activate the gelatin.

Turn stove on to medium heat and stir until your gelatin is dissolved. Turn off heat and let eggnog cool to warm. Pour in your rum or brandy.  Stir.

Pour into shot glasses,  and refrigerate overnight. Before serving stick in appropriate sized cinnamon stick (broken to fit) and top with whipped cream and grated nutmeg.

The cinnamon stick helps to extract the jello shot from the glass without making a mess. Tip: Leave a small decorative bowl for your quests to place their cinnamon sticks after taking their eggnog shot. Don’t eat the stick!

For featuring on your website please make sure to contact thatssomichelle@gmail.com

31 Responses to “Eggnog Jello Shots”

1. carlyklock posted on December 2, 2011 at 5:56 pm (#)

i have no doubt these will be the hit of any holiday party! have a great vaca – jeals.

2. Mo (New on U) posted on December 2, 2011 at 5:57 pm (#)

Oooo! I love eggnog, so you’ve got me on this one!

Have a great trip next week! I’ll be in Mexico where it’s supposed to rain all week – here’s hoping you guys have better weather!

3. maggie. mayd. posted on December 2, 2011 at 5:58 pm (#)

HOORAY! THANK YOU! This should now give you a jello shot book deal!

4. Tina posted on December 2, 2011 at 6:10 pm (#)

I will gladly take a few of these for the holidays. Yummy mix of flavors and great presentation. Enjoy the sandy beaches on your vacation and thanks for leaving a tasty treat for us that are not vacationing!

5. claire @ the realistic nutritionist posted on December 2, 2011 at 6:25 pm (#)

You are the jello shot queen!!!! Eggnog is my favorite. It’s a problem, really. I could drink quarts of it!!

6. Grubarazzi posted on December 2, 2011 at 6:27 pm (#)

These are amazing. LOVE, as usual. Have a wonderful time in the sunshine!

7. Mallorie Owens posted on December 2, 2011 at 8:11 pm (#)

Oh so jealous you’re going on a vacation, I’m in desperate need! But maybe these eggnog shots will make it all better ;)

8. janet@fromcupcakestocaviar posted on December 2, 2011 at 9:34 pm (#)

Now I can definitely get behind this! I LOVEEEEEEE eggnog… practically live on the stuff during the holidays.

9. Erin @ Dinners, Dishes and Desserts posted on December 2, 2011 at 11:44 pm (#)

I have never tried egg nog (it kind of scares me). But I could get behind these shots that is for sure!

Have a wonderful vacation, I am jealous!

10. Parsley Sage posted on December 3, 2011 at 1:21 am (#)

Hot stuff! I do believe we have a new jello shot favorite :)

Buzzed!

11. Kim Bee posted on December 3, 2011 at 5:22 am (#)

These look so delicious. You always know how to rock the shots. Love it. Hope you a blast on your trip. Can I stowaway in your luggage??

12. PolaM posted on December 3, 2011 at 4:51 pm (#)

What a great idea! Love these cute christmasy shots!

13. Kiri W. posted on December 3, 2011 at 8:36 pm (#)

These are sooo cute! And I bet delicious! Love the cinnamon stick in each little shot glass :)

14. Kim Bee posted on December 4, 2011 at 5:23 am (#)

Congrats on top 9 girl!

15. momdecuisine.net posted on December 4, 2011 at 7:13 am (#)

I really love this! I don’t like eggnog by itself, but if it’s used in something, I love it. Great shot and contrats on top 9!

16. Eating Deliciously posted on December 4, 2011 at 4:09 pm (#)

I love eggnog so I can’t wait to make these jello shots! Thanks for sharing.

17. OnSugarMountain posted on December 4, 2011 at 6:34 pm (#)

I LOVE eggnog. This looks so fab – I must try it. Thanks so much for sharing and enjoy your vacation!

18. the wild magnolia posted on December 4, 2011 at 10:20 pm (#)

A special treat, easy, looks good and I am confident, is delicious.

Thanks.

19. Adele Forbes posted on December 4, 2011 at 10:22 pm (#)

having our annual Dirty Santa party on Sat. and these will def be put out on the bar! Thank you very very much for sharing.

20. Kristina posted on December 4, 2011 at 10:22 pm (#)

I was flipping through your recipes and all I can say is GENIUS! Sheer GENIUS!

much love, Kristina

I’d love for you to come visit me at simplybold.blogspot.com

21. Daniel Rios posted on December 5, 2011 at 7:56 pm (#)

Immediately attracted to the idea. It feels like irresponsible college drinking, but with a holiday twist.

Great idea, I will be sharing this at Christmas with family.

22. Elena posted on December 6, 2011 at 2:51 pm (#)

Great for my 30th birthday party!

23. Peggy posted on December 9, 2011 at 11:05 am (#)

Just had to rub it in that you’ll be having fun in the sun eh? Hehe. These jello shots definitely wouldn’t last long in our house – we love eggnog!

24. LIndsay @ Rosemarried posted on December 14, 2011 at 3:41 am (#)

I’m one of those that falls into the “loves eggnog” category (much to my husband’s dismay). I’ve never thought about eggnog jello (much less eggnog jello shots)…but this is a great idea. I need to make these.

25. Meg posted on January 3, 2012 at 5:06 pm (#)

I tried these for New Years. Needs more eggnog/less alcohol, they weren’t very tasty, but they have potential. I’m going to try again with 2 cups of eggnog and maybe a half cup rum.

26. Carole posted on April 12, 2012 at 10:44 pm (#)

Hi there, this is a really nice post involving eggs. It would be great if you linked to it in my brand new Food on Friday series. This week it is about all things egg. Food on Friday It would make my day if you put a link into it via the Mr Linky widget.

27. Yaseen Abbas posted on May 1, 2012 at 5:50 am (#)

All these are fit for any party Or for any Hotel and for those hotel want to increase there business the want to introduce plastic cards.
    Scratch Cards

Plastic Card Printing
    Plastic Card

28. Yaseen Abbas posted on May 1, 2012 at 5:50 am (#)

Scratch Cards

Plastic Card Printing
    Plastic Card

29. Lovestories posted on May 12, 2012 at 8:04 pm (#)

I agree yaseen

love stories

30. skull shot glass posted on July 22, 2012 at 3:56 pm (#)

These are amazing. LOVE, as usual. Have a wonderful time in the sunshine!

31. Sean Marie posted on November 21, 2012 at 3:02 am (#)

I’ve never tried eggnog but these do look quite tasty!