Champagne Jello Shots

I have so much to celebrate this year that I just had to create a champagne jello shot.

Perfect for a New Years Eve party!

I used pineapple jello with strawberries and they taste like champagne gummy bears, it’s delicious and refreshing.

The champagne foam on top is created by whipping some thickened champagne jello with a high speed hand mixer until it foams up and then re-settles.

I can’t lie, I didn’t use Perrier Jouët, that was given to us by family when we celebrated our engagement. I used $10 dollar bubbly and it worked just as well.

I just think the Perrier Jouët bottles are gorgeous and I can’t throw it away! Any ideas on how to keep it in the house with out it looking like I’m collected empty bottles of booze?

Happy New Year!

Shopping List
(Makes about 20 shots)
2 boxes of pineapple jello (4 serving size boxes)
1 1/2 cups boiling water
2 1/2 cups champagne
1 cup sliced strawberries
2 oz. plastic or glass shot glasses (mini champagne flutes would be adorable if you can find them)

Mix your pineapple jello and boiling water in a medium sized bowl, stirring until jello powder has all dissolved. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.

Stir in champagne and refrigerate for another 30 minutes or until jello has just slightly thickened.

Set aside about 3/4 cup of your jello and champagne mixture for creating the foam top and put it back in the refrigerator.

Pour jello and champagne mixture into your shot glasses, then drop a few sliced berries in each glass.

Refrigerate overnight. Before serving whip your 3/4 cup left over jello until it becomes white and fluffy and resembles foam. Spoon “foam” on top and serve.

For featuring on your website please make sure to contact thatssomichelle@gmail.com

40 Responses to “Champagne Jello Shots”

1. Sabrina posted on December 26, 2011 at 2:56 pm (#)

How about you put some white flowers in the bottle, lilies or something, and put it on a small table or in your window sill?

2. Rachel @ Baked by Rachel posted on December 26, 2011 at 4:22 pm (#)

I agree – these would be so perfect for new years! Love the colors too :)

3. {JANE} posted on December 26, 2011 at 7:16 pm (#)

These are so much fun. May have to try them out this NYE!

4. Christine posted on December 26, 2011 at 8:48 pm (#)

I think the Perrier Jouët makes a nice prop for the photo — when I first saw it, I was all, like, “Daaaaaaaaaaaang, this chick uses the good stuff!!” :D

Strawberries and pineapple and champagne, oh my! :)

5. Anonymous posted on December 27, 2011 at 1:13 am (#)

A candle would be cute in the bottle as well. Love the flower idea too.

6. FoodEpix posted on December 27, 2011 at 3:14 am (#)

Looks delicious. Would love for you to share your pictures with us over at foodepix.com.

7. Liz posted on December 27, 2011 at 4:08 pm (#)

Love these!! I really want some champagne right now… I kinda want the end of this year to be a boozy blur!

8. Kim Bee posted on December 27, 2011 at 4:35 pm (#)

Looks great Michelle. Make the bottle a candle and it will look like it belongs!

9. Sarah posted on December 27, 2011 at 11:18 pm (#)

I never thought I would say this about a jello shot but these are gorgeous! Love this idea!!

10. kim - Liv LIfe posted on December 28, 2011 at 5:25 am (#)

Brilliant!!! And I agree that saving the “good stuff” was a good move. Congrats on the engagement!!!

11. Nicole posted on December 28, 2011 at 3:07 pm (#)

Can’t wait to try this for New Year’s Eve. As for that bottle, stick some mini white lights in it and make it a lamp. Check this diy site out! http://creativelygreen.blogspot.com/2009/01/wine-bottle-lamps-need-led-light.html

12. Laura @ A Healthy Jalapeño posted on December 28, 2011 at 4:18 pm (#)

Look at all these Jello Shots!!! I definitely landed on the right page! these look amazing and how cute in those little glasses too right?
    <3 Newest follower and fan

13. Grubarazzi posted on December 28, 2011 at 6:15 pm (#)

Love these jello shots! cool effect with the bubbly jello on top.

14. Ali posted on December 28, 2011 at 8:34 pm (#)

Great idea! So easy, and I bet really yummy with the pineapple flavor.

15. Tess Gardner posted on December 28, 2011 at 8:45 pm (#)

I am so trying this … thanks for the awesome recipe =)

16. Amy posted on December 28, 2011 at 9:25 pm (#)

Awesome!! You can use your beautiful empty bottles for olive oils/vinegars!! :)

17. Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. posted on December 28, 2011 at 9:43 pm (#)

I’m in love!!!

18. rosemarried posted on December 29, 2011 at 1:04 am (#)

So festive and perfect for NYE! And congrats on the Top 9!

19. Anonymous posted on December 29, 2011 at 8:55 pm (#)

Put an oil pourer in the bottle and turn it into an olive oil bottle!

20. Anonymous posted on December 30, 2011 at 12:53 am (#)

or dish soap!

21. Anonymous posted on December 30, 2011 at 3:32 am (#)

I was all ready to try this when I went to two stores today looking for pineapple jello and found none :( Where oh where did you find pineapple jello??

22. Anonymous posted on December 30, 2011 at 5:06 am (#)

I have the same bottle that I’ve been saving for a special occasion… when I finally do open it, I already have a wine bottle candelabra to use with the bottle afterward as a centerpiece. Seriously, google “wine bottle candelabra” – they are adorable, and perfect with a gorgeous bottle like Perrier Jouet!

23. Michelle O posted on December 30, 2011 at 11:16 pm (#)

Dear Anon — Lemon jello will work just as well! Same color. Bummer they didn’t have the pineapple…

24. J-Mo posted on December 31, 2011 at 3:34 am (#)

Same question: Where the heck do you find pineapple jello??? I’m trying lemon….

25. Anonymous posted on December 31, 2011 at 3:30 pm (#)

Tried the recipe to the t and the jello didn’t set up all the way :( Help!!

• Anonymous replied on August 8th, 2012 at 4:12 pm

If you don’t dissolve the jello completely (2 – 3 minutes) the jello might not set correctly. Just my experience

26. Michelle O posted on December 31, 2011 at 3:38 pm (#)

If your measurements were precise and you let it sit overnight (around 8 hours) it should have firmed up just like a regular jello mold would have. Did you give it enough time?

27. Anonymous posted on December 31, 2011 at 3:59 pm (#)

When I checked at 8 hours time, they were 3/4 set up. Not sure if I did something wrong. I used room temp champagne, should it have been chilled, maybe?

28. Anonymous posted on December 31, 2011 at 5:54 pm (#)

Use the bottle as a vase! white flowers would look lovely

29. Jaymee Sire posted on December 31, 2011 at 8:26 pm (#)

Michelle! My friend’s dad does this cool thing where he carefully drills a hole in the bottom and puts a strand of LED lights inside. Looks great on a wet bar or as a night light. Let me know if you’re interested and I can put you in touch. (She has photos too).

30. Daisy posted on December 31, 2011 at 9:26 pm (#)

I happened to have 1 box of pineapple at home so I grabbed 1 box of peach. My cups aren’t clear so the color isn’t an issue… hopefully the flavor isn’t overwhelming. Thanks so much for the recipe. All I was finding before was Butter beer/ HP style.

31. cindy posted on December 31, 2011 at 9:50 pm (#)

about your bottle..i drill holes in the back of my wine bottles, i love…and put a string of white Christmas lights in them..and use as mood lighting throughout the house.

32. Jenny @ Savour the Senses posted on January 5, 2012 at 3:15 am (#)

You are the queen of jello shots! I love all your different ideas =)

33. Made in Sonoma posted on January 8, 2012 at 8:42 pm (#)

Those are adorable!

34. Anonymous posted on March 1, 2012 at 3:16 am (#)

you could melt and flatten the champagne bottle. Its all over San Francisco..you can find all kinds of bottles “recycled”

35. Waseem posted on April 28, 2012 at 6:26 am (#)

How about you put some white flower in a bottle? Those are adorable.

Send Flowers Pakistan
    Send Flowers Pakistan
    Send Flowers Pakistan

36. skull shot glass posted on July 22, 2012 at 3:57 pm (#)

These are so much fun. May have to try them out this NYE!

37. Emmi Jane posted on November 20, 2012 at 4:38 pm (#)

You should use a glass cutter ans put a 2″ x 2″ square in the back bottom of the champagne bottle and insert tealights or other small candles inside. This will make the bottle glow with ambiance and look very elegant!

38. AShley Kucher posted on October 23, 2013 at 11:05 pm (#)

how about a white flower , that would be cool i guess especially with some Champagne Flutes

39. Jessie posted on November 13, 2014 at 10:58 pm (#)

Hi Michelle! I am obsessed with these, but would like to increase the alcohol content by adding some vodka (but still keep the champagne, of course)- what would be the best way to do this without messing up the proportions?