Pumpkin Pizza

It’s been a pumpkin extravaganza this week! After I pulled off the pumpkin mac and cheese I knew there had to be another savory pumpkin dish I could try.

Voila!

This pumpkin pizza is very Mediterranean tasting, healthy, and quite addictive.

And one more thing…  If I don’t mention to you, that pumpkin is high in fiber, my mother might kill me.  She’s brought it up several times this week.

I told her my blog isn’t really about fiber.  That you guys like stuff like jello shots and cupcakes (the other fiber of life).

But anyway,  she’s right.  As usual :)

Fiber  is  awesome for weight control.  Fiber is filling, has almost no calories, and helps control hunger due to blood sugar levels.

Ladies … this is a good benifit … am I right? Almost up there with the joy that jello shots and cupcakes bring us.

Happy long weekend! Don’t forget to thank a veteran and EAT YOUR FIBER!

Shopping List
1 Thin store bought pizza crust
1/2 can organic pumpkin puree (or homemade, whatever floats your boat)
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1/2 lb ground beef
about 1/2 a packet of taco or chili seasoning
1 bunch arugula
10-12 pitted kalamata olives, cut in quarters
1 cup feta cheese
Olive oil

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Mix your garlic powder into your pumpkin puree and spread it on top of the pizza crust.

Place in the oven for about 15 minutes or until your crust turns golden brown on the edges.

Cook your ground beef in the taco seasoning. Top the pizza with your seasoned ground beef and half of your feta cheese on top of your pizza (after you remove it from the oven).

Top next with your arugula and olives, finish off with the rest of your feta and drizzle on some olive oil.

Serve immediately.

21 Responses to “Pumpkin Pizza”

1. healthyfoodietravels posted on November 11, 2011 at 3:11 am (#)

Interesting! I imagine if it works for hummus, why not for pumpkin puree? very creative, and the colors are gorgeous, too! :)

2. Sabrina-eat.drink.and be merry. posted on November 11, 2011 at 3:46 am (#)

LOVE! :)

3. Dzoli posted on November 11, 2011 at 3:55 am (#)

Yes surprised me.Never thought about it.But it’s good you did.I think it tastes really good:)

4. Ann posted on November 11, 2011 at 5:27 am (#)

I LOVE savory pumpkin dishes! Tell you mother she is a wise woman! ….and I said hello!

5. Junglefrog posted on November 11, 2011 at 6:55 am (#)

It looks delicious for sure and good to know its high in fibre too. I’m eating pumpkin stew tonight!

6. Tina posted on November 11, 2011 at 10:38 am (#)

Very creative! This also looks very easy to prepare. Savory pumpkin sounds like a good way to go, great post.

7. LoveFayexoxo posted on November 11, 2011 at 10:43 am (#)

this looks SO good!!

LoveFaye xoxo

8. Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. posted on November 11, 2011 at 2:54 pm (#)

This is such a unique pizza! And hey, who doesn’t love their fiber?!

9. Liz posted on November 11, 2011 at 3:16 pm (#)

This is a great post and I really want to a)eat this pizza b)meet your mom, cause she sounds like a hoot!
    Have fun at the wedding this weekend! Let’s get coffee next week :)

10. RavieNomNoms posted on November 11, 2011 at 3:53 pm (#)

How how interesting!! This is so cool. I have never seen pizza and pumpkin together, but this is fabulous!

11. Kimber posted on November 11, 2011 at 4:02 pm (#)

I am literally salivating over this! Cannot wait to try it this Holiday season! :)

12. Aarthi posted on November 11, 2011 at 4:34 pm (#)

WOW..This looks awesome..Yummy

Do visit my blog too

13. Sarah Catherine posted on November 11, 2011 at 6:15 pm (#)

Thank a veteran AND eat your fiber? I’m feeling like a good semaritan already! As a nurse, I must also reiterate that eating your fiber IS good people. Thank you and you’re welcome.

14. Christine posted on November 11, 2011 at 9:50 pm (#)

Pumpkin on a pizza? Heck yes! What a great idea. :)

15. Emily posted on November 12, 2011 at 2:28 am (#)

This looks delicious. I don’t know if my husband would go for it but I certainly want to try it out.

16. MyFudo™ posted on November 12, 2011 at 10:33 am (#)

What a unique recipe! I know I still have to learn more about pumpkin. I never thought it could be used for pizza. Must try! Thanks for sharing

17. Ally posted on November 12, 2011 at 2:22 pm (#)

What a fabulous idea to use pumpkin instead of a tomato base! Unique & delicious.
    xo

18. Anonymous posted on November 12, 2011 at 6:49 pm (#)

Has anyone tried this one? If so, did you like it? Is it sweet?

19. Grubarazzi posted on November 14, 2011 at 5:08 pm (#)

This looks absolutely wonderful. I’ve been day dreaming about things to do with pumpkin that are not sweet. This is a great idea.

20. claire @ the realistic nutritionist posted on November 14, 2011 at 9:59 pm (#)

Oh I love this!!! I love savory pumpkin recipes!

21. Kim Bee posted on November 17, 2011 at 6:32 am (#)

Michelle you should be writing and developing recipes for a magazine. You are brilliant and I adore you. That is all!