Maggie Gets Married

Our friends Maggie and Ben got married on a beautiful, sunny day in Charlotte, North Carolina this past weekend.

She looked absolutely gorgeous, Bridal Barbie to a tee!

My favorite part was seeing Maggie walk down the isle with her father. He was red faced and crying, she was sparkling and smiling from ear to ear.  I just about lost it.

I always cry at weddings, in fact I am actually tearing up as I write this right now (ridiculous!).

Their reception cocktails signified their hometowns, Maggie from Tennessee and Ben from Florida (and a big Gators fan). Then of course the city that they met in (and now where they tied the knot), Charlotte.

And I loved the personal touches added to each table around the centerpieces, old photos of Maggie and Ben growing up. Maggie has impeccable taste and I knew it would shine through.

Here is the cake in all it’s pink, purple and gold glory.

Congrats you two, thanks for making us a part of your special day. I can’t wait to be there with you through out the rest of your journey together as Mr. and Mrs. <3

14 Responses to “Maggie Gets Married”

1. Emily posted on November 14, 2011 at 8:35 pm (#)

She is gorgeous! I love all those drinks super cute idea!

2. Mo (New on U) posted on November 14, 2011 at 8:41 pm (#)

Her dress, her hair – can we say glamorous??! Beautiful!

3. Kiri W. posted on November 14, 2011 at 9:14 pm (#)

Wow, looks like a wonderful celebration :) Congratulations!

4. Grubarazzi posted on November 14, 2011 at 9:18 pm (#)

aww, She is stunning! and I’m from Gainesville…what a small world :)

5. Rachel @ My Naturally Frugal Family posted on November 14, 2011 at 9:27 pm (#)

What a gorgeous wedding. Thank you for sharing such a beautiful event. Not too far from my neck of the woods (Greensboro, NC).

6. Tina posted on November 14, 2011 at 9:35 pm (#)

What an awesome wedding, Maggie looks so stunning! The table settings were perfect and I love the drink menu. Congrats to Maggie! Thanks for sharing.

7. Dzoli posted on November 14, 2011 at 10:31 pm (#)

What a lovely couple.And a cake is dream:)Good luck to them:)

8. BLC :o posted on November 14, 2011 at 11:30 pm (#)

It was so fun meeting you this weekend and the wedding was an absolute blast!!! Come south and visit us again soon. Xoxo-BLC

PS: I’m your newest follower. :)

9. Ann posted on November 15, 2011 at 5:41 am (#)

What a nice post! Beautiful bride and wedding!

10. Cake posted on November 15, 2011 at 4:28 pm (#)

Congrats to Maggie and Ben! I love weddings. :)

11. Curry and Comfort posted on November 15, 2011 at 7:08 pm (#)

What a beautiful wedding, bride and cake!! It looks like a perfect day and party!! Congratulations to the new bride and groom! :)

12. Made in Sonoma posted on November 16, 2011 at 5:19 pm (#)

She is a gorgeous bride!

I ALWAYS cry at weddings.

13. Michelle posted on November 16, 2011 at 7:44 pm (#)

Her bun is fantastic!

14. Organically Mo posted on November 17, 2011 at 3:06 am (#)

I don’t know these people, but that does not matter, because I am SUCH a girl and love all things wedding!

Your friend is a gorgeous bride!