Cranberry Margarita

I had planned on posting these really delicious baby red potato bites (a perfect Sunday football snack or party app.) but I’m in such a cranky mood right now that a cocktail just seemed much more appropriate.

It’s Friday and I could use a margarita, how about you?

A postal services truck that was going only 10 mph some how managed to cut me off this morning and it was enough to make me curse out loud.

Coffee splashed out of my mug on to my desk and I almost cried about it because I had just finished cleaning up coffee that I had already spilled in the bathroom while doing my makeup.

I don’t know what’s going on with me ….  but it’s been a rough 24 hours.

All I can say is TGIF.  Tonight we will hop in the car with the Honey Bear and head to Southern Virginia to spend sometime with the grandparents and I think it’s just what I need.

Long games of evening scrabble, fall leaf rides through the Blue Ridge Mountains, family brunch and maybe even a trip to a vineyard.

Ahhhhh all better.  Now, about this margarita, local grocery stores just started stocking fresh cranberries in the produce section. Their tart factor is just about the same as a regular lime margarita but the color is GORGEOUS and it’s so seasonable.

Rim the glass with sugar and you’ve got a crowd pleaser, or a mood tamer, whatever you need ;)

Shopping List (makes two cocktails)
1 1/4 cup cranberry juice
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup cranberries (fresh)
3/4 cup lime juice
3/4 cup tequila
1/2 cup grand marnier
ice

Place your cranberries and sugar in a sauce pan on medium heat until the berries burst (about 10 minutes). With a bowl or large glass under a strainer, pour your cranberry and sugar mixture into the strainer so that the syrup runs out into the glass or bowl below.

In a cocktail shaker add your cranberry juice, lime juice, tequila, grand marnier, ice and cranberry syrup. Shake vigorously and pour into a sugar rimmed glass.

18 Responses to “Cranberry Margarita”

1. Sarah Catherine posted on October 14, 2011 at 2:28 pm (#)

I love this cocktail! It’s very festive, and the color is beautiful.

2. Liz posted on October 14, 2011 at 3:33 pm (#)

Yum!!! This looks really great! have a wonderful weekend. Sounds like you need it! Dinner next week?

3. Sean Marie posted on October 14, 2011 at 5:12 pm (#)

I hate when I have days like that! Fortunately for you you have booze to help take the edge off! ;-) Have a great weekend!

4. Grubarazzi posted on October 14, 2011 at 5:21 pm (#)

Your posts always make me want to put on my dancing shoes! and drink! and take pictures while doing both! :)

5. Made in Sonoma posted on October 14, 2011 at 6:01 pm (#)

Oh how I could use one of these tonight!

Your weekend getaway sounds perfect.

6. Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. posted on October 14, 2011 at 9:17 pm (#)

I think we all have days like this! I’m having an off day too today and I wish I had this delicious-looking margarita to drink right about now!

7. Carolyn posted on October 14, 2011 at 10:44 pm (#)

I love a good margarita…Yum!

8. janet@cupcakestocaviar posted on October 14, 2011 at 11:29 pm (#)

This looks great Michelle. I feel you about the bad days. I pray your weekend is a distinct improvement. *hugs*

9. Sarah posted on October 15, 2011 at 2:25 am (#)

Oh I know that feeling… nothing a cocktail couldn’t cure- especially this one! Happy Weekend!

10. Ann posted on October 15, 2011 at 4:01 am (#)

I agree – a cocktail was just right! I’m sorry you were having a tough day, but a toast to a terrific weekend!

11. Foodness Gracious posted on October 15, 2011 at 5:18 am (#)

What the heck, a postal truck? I think those things are made out of tin or cardboard and 10mph is them at max speed :) Sounds like you deserve that drink, and another…and another!

12. Kate Shrop posted on October 15, 2011 at 3:04 pm (#)

Yum! These look so pink and perfect

13. Anne@frommysweetheart posted on October 15, 2011 at 10:10 pm (#)

Oh Michelle….I know how you feel! Some days are just like that for no rhyme or reason! This margarita is gorgeous! I know it would perk me up! Hope your weekend gets better! : )

14. Parsley Sage posted on October 15, 2011 at 11:10 pm (#)

What a day! I’d have just walked out and headed straight for the bar. Nicely done, being adult about it and waiting until you got home for this lovely little rita ;) I hope you’re having a fabulous weekend!

Buzzed

15. momdecuisine posted on October 16, 2011 at 3:18 am (#)

Sorry you had such a bad day, but the weekend you have planned sounds fabulous. I love a good margarita after a long day and this one looks perfect!

16. Meagan @ Scarletta Bakes posted on October 16, 2011 at 4:17 am (#)

Hey, lady! You are absolutely my go-to chef for spirit inspiration!! I LOVE this – reminds me of home back east. Congrats on another very well-deserved Top 9… CHEERS!! :)

17. LoveFayexoxo posted on October 16, 2011 at 6:49 am (#)

This looks amazzzzing! Ive written the recipe down so I can try it next weekend!!

Im a new followerrrrrrrr

check out my blog sometime <3

LoveFaye xoxo

18. Couscous & Consciousness posted on October 18, 2011 at 1:05 am (#)

Looks gorgeous. I made and posted a cranberry sorbet a couple of weeks ago, and like you I am totally in love with the colour. Can’t wait to try your margeuritas. In fact maybe I could just shake up a scoop of my sorbet with some tequila and grand marnier. I’m thinking that could work – thanks for the inspiration :-)
    Sue