Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding

Bread pudding is my go to breakfast or dessert when I’m entertaining large groups.

It’s quick,  you can make it in large quantities,  it’s inexpensive and most importantly its ridiculously decadent and delicious.   It’s also microwavable for days. You know how Chinese food tastes better the next day? It’s almost like that.

My friends who stayed with us in the Outer Banks this weekend have already emailed me that they are craving it again. Yup … and it’s just. bread. pudding. I dare you to not like it …. it’s impossible.

Sometimes I will throw in butterscotch or white chocolate chips, maybe even some coconut flakes. You could do so much with it, but never leave out the caramel topping.

Shopping List (serves 8-10)
1 loaf cinnamon raisin bread, cubed
2 cups milk
1 cup heavy cream
3 eggs, beaten
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup caramel sauce (at least)
(if you add candy chips about one cup will do the trick)

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.  In a large bowl add your bread, eggs, milk, cream and sugar. Combine with your hands or a large spoon. Grease a 9×13 brownie or cake pan and pour in your bread mixture.

Bake for about 45 minutes to an hour, or until the edges are completely golden. Top generously with caramel sauce and sprinkle on some more brown sugar. Serve warm or cold  — either way its REALLY GOOD.

26 Responses to “Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding”

1. Candice posted on October 31, 2011 at 4:05 pm (#)

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2. Aarthi posted on October 31, 2011 at 5:06 pm (#)

This looks delicious..Should try it some day…Thanks for the recipe dear.

My Blog

3. Michelle posted on October 31, 2011 at 5:13 pm (#)

Perfect bread pudding! love the (at least)! so true!

4. janet@cupcakestocaviar posted on October 31, 2011 at 6:25 pm (#)

Yum! I am constantly on the lookout for good bread pudding recipes and this one looks amazing Michelle. :-)

5. LoveFayexoxo posted on October 31, 2011 at 8:44 pm (#)

looks AMAZING!!!!
    your skilled!!

LoveFaye xoxo

6. Dzoli posted on October 31, 2011 at 10:05 pm (#)

Caramel and cinnamon what a drooling combination:))

7. healthyfoodietravels posted on October 31, 2011 at 10:14 pm (#)

Mmm, I’ve been craving a good bread pudding for a long time now, this seems perfect with the caramel sauce…

8. sherry@olives-n-okra.com posted on November 1, 2011 at 1:12 am (#)

Can’t pass up cinnamon. Yum!

9. Stephanie posted on November 1, 2011 at 1:45 am (#)

This does look like a great treat to make for guests! Yum!

10. Tina posted on November 1, 2011 at 1:51 am (#)

After seeing this, cinnamon raisin bread will never be the same. I completely understand why your friends still are craving this. This recipe is a keeper.
    Also, glad you enjoyed your halloween celebration!

11. momdecuisine posted on November 1, 2011 at 9:40 am (#)

That looks wonderful! I am the only one in my family that likes bread pudding, so I don’t make it often. However, yours is makeing me crave it right now too. I love that this is so simple to make!

12. Baker Street posted on November 1, 2011 at 10:12 am (#)

all of my favorite ingredients in my fav dessert! mmmm…

13. TheSweetestVegan posted on November 1, 2011 at 3:53 pm (#)

I can only imagine.

14. icancookthat posted on November 1, 2011 at 4:28 pm (#)

I love bread pudding. This looks perfect! Wonderful idea for feeding large groups.

15. Britne @ Shabbott's Habits posted on November 1, 2011 at 8:54 pm (#)

I agree. You simply can NOT eat bread pudding without caramel sauce. My husband and I were just saying the other day that we’ve never actually tried to make our own bread pudding even though it is one of our favorite desserts. Cinnamon raisin might be a good place to start ;)

16. Natalie posted on November 1, 2011 at 11:30 pm (#)

Wow this looks so delicious!! Love anything cinnamon and raisin.

17. Dee at Deelicious Sweets posted on November 2, 2011 at 3:15 am (#)

Mmmm, bread pudding. I have been on a bread pudding kick this year. Meaning I have made two but that’s pretty good for me. It must mean I’m getting older because I always thought it was an old person dessert. Ah, who cares. Especially if more bread pudding is involved!

18. Emma posted on November 2, 2011 at 7:24 am (#)

Mmmm.. I don’t make all that many deserts but this one looks amazing. I think my two children will love this one.

19. Elies_Lie posted on November 2, 2011 at 7:44 am (#)

cinnamon and raisin! perfest combo michelle!
    this is great fr a dessert breakfast!
    tq fr sharing :)

20. Adele Forbes posted on November 2, 2011 at 11:38 am (#)

This looks amazing…..thank you so very much for sharing!

21. emily posted on November 2, 2011 at 11:54 pm (#)

i’ve never made bread pudding because i’m always worried it will turn out dry and well, bread like. This looks so moist and almost brownie-like though!
    I’ll have to give it a try!!!!
    thanks for the recipe

22. Emily Malloy posted on November 3, 2011 at 8:24 pm (#)

Yes, please!

23. Ally posted on November 3, 2011 at 11:55 pm (#)

Delicious! I love cinnamon. Bread pudding? Can’t be beat…
    xo

24. Grubarazzi posted on November 4, 2011 at 7:34 pm (#)

You are right. It would be impossible NOT to like this. wow.

25. Made in Sonoma posted on November 4, 2011 at 10:14 pm (#)

I bet this is amazing. Any time I have had bread pudding it was delicious but there’s something about bread pudding that makes me never want to make it or order it.

26. esther posted on November 17, 2011 at 4:52 am (#)

Seriously. Bread pudding is everything good. And this is going on my list forrr sho.