Baby Red Potato Bites

My Dearest Friend Savory,

A mutual friend emailed me yesterday and let me know that you are feeling neglected. I want to take this opportunity to let you know I am so sorry, and I miss you too.

We go way back and I would never choose cupcakes and jello shots over you, I promise. I hope I can make it up to you, perhaps these little potato bites will do the trick.

Talk to you soon.

Love always,

Michelle

Imagine cool, light sour cream, seasoned with garlic and salt, melting in your mouth with soft warm potato and fresh herbs.

Fancy it up for a party or feed it to your man during game time. Either way,  it’s easy, it’s pretty and it’s certainly savory.

We saved some left over bites and had them as a side dish for dinner the next night too. I will definitely be making these again.

Shopping List (makes a dozen potato bites)
6 baby red potatoes
Roughly 5-6 large tablespoons light sour cream
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
Fresh chopped chives and parsley

Boil your potato bites in salted water until they are soft and can be easily pierced with a fork on all sides.

Cool potatoes slightly and then cut in halves, also slicing a small part off the bottom so they stand upright.

In a separate bowl mix your light sour cream, salt and garlic. Top each potato with the sour cream. Chop and sprinkle your fresh herbs on top.

21 Responses to “Baby Red Potato Bites”

1. claire @ the realistic nutritionist posted on October 18, 2011 at 4:13 pm (#)

These look SO FREAKING GOOD!!!

2. Steve @ the black peppercorn posted on October 18, 2011 at 4:15 pm (#)

So simple yet they look so good. fresh herbs makes anything better!

3. Lori Lynn posted on October 18, 2011 at 4:21 pm (#)

Simple is good.
    Savory is great.
    LL

4. LoveFayexoxo posted on October 18, 2011 at 4:48 pm (#)

looks delisssssssh!

LoveFaye xoxo

5. Liz posted on October 18, 2011 at 5:01 pm (#)

these look sooo yummy!!

6. Dee at Deelicious Sweets posted on October 18, 2011 at 5:07 pm (#)

These are super cute! I think all small things are cute. Think about it, kittens, puppies, little stuffed red potatoes. See! These look yummy too!

7. Tina posted on October 18, 2011 at 7:43 pm (#)

These are great little appetizers. I did at one time go to all the trouble to core the potatoes out and stuff with sour cream-but putting it on top is so much easier and it still makes for a great presentation. Yum!

8. Dzoli posted on October 18, 2011 at 10:39 pm (#)

Very nice and good to see you:)

9. Curry and Comfort posted on October 18, 2011 at 10:41 pm (#)

These are so cute. What a great party idea. I love all your little bites and shots. You’re all ready for a party now. :)

10. PolaM posted on October 18, 2011 at 10:57 pm (#)

Those are some cool potatoes! the perfect finger food!

11. Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. posted on October 19, 2011 at 12:55 am (#)

I love these little red potatoes!

12. Lo-mo posted on October 19, 2011 at 2:02 am (#)

Wonderful idea! These just may be my new favourite way to eat my favourite potato!

13. momdecuisine posted on October 19, 2011 at 11:04 am (#)

I could eat a ton of these! So simple, but I’m sure so flavorful!

14. Erin posted on October 19, 2011 at 6:48 pm (#)

Beautiful and so tasty looking!

15. Natalie posted on October 20, 2011 at 12:40 am (#)

Simple yet delicious!

16. kita posted on October 20, 2011 at 1:22 pm (#)

I have some tiny red potatoes I wanted to use up today and I was trying to come up with something fun to make with them. These are just too cute! Im glad your giving savory a little love.

17. Erica posted on October 20, 2011 at 6:29 pm (#)

Thanks for describing what these taste like! Strange how many food bloggers forget to describe the taste of the dishes they post about — the most important thing!

Your description definitely made me want to make these.

18. Amalia posted on October 20, 2011 at 8:12 pm (#)

These look so yummy! And cute too :)

19. Katie @ BloomEveryday posted on October 22, 2011 at 2:02 am (#)

Wow! This would be perfect as an app for a party! Check out our website sometime soon @ bloomeveryday.wordpress.com. :) We would love to share some of our recipes with you.

20. Parsley Sage posted on October 22, 2011 at 6:55 pm (#)

Oh man. So good. So very good. I’m glad savory has accepted your neglect apology. Don’t let it happen again! ;)

Buzzed

21. Ann posted on October 23, 2011 at 4:07 am (#)

Delicious, simple, stunning….and your photos are incredible! Buzzed!