Pumpkin Cheese Plate

Can you tell I am a little over excited about Halloween this year? Look at these adorable little cheese pumpkins!

I love cheese. I know I say that about a lot of food  [see Apple Cider Float post below]  but it’s different with cheese. I mean I. really. love. cheese. It used to be my password when I called the cable company and had to confirm it was really me.

“And your password Miss?”

“Uh…. it’s cheese. Cheese is my password.”  Ridiculous.

I love Swiss cheese on apples or with mustard, Stilton blue cheese with lavender honey, goat cheese with cranberry marmalade, St. Andre triple creme with … anything basically.

I could go on and on.

This easy Halloween party treat was a no brainer for a blog post. I might just have to make these with the apple cider floats at the beach too!

Shopping List (recipe from Betty Crocker)
About 8 tablespoons smoked Cheddar cold pack cheese (from 8-oz container), well chilled
finely chopped peanuts (I used pecans)
crackers
pretzel sticks, broken in half
tiny pieces fresh parsley leaves

Roll each tablespoon of cold pack cheese into a ball; place on waxed paper-lined serving plate. Refrigerate 10 to 15 minutes for easier handling.

With end of toothpick, draw ridges around balls to resemble pumpkins. Dip bottoms of cheese balls in chopped peanuts. (or nut of choice)
Just before serving, insert pretzel halves into cheese balls for pumpkin stems and place on a cracker. Decorate with parsley for leaves. Store in refrigerator.

48 Responses to “Pumpkin Cheese Plate”

1. Susan Keefe posted on September 11, 2011 at 9:36 pm (#)

Those are too adorable for words!

2. Sabrina posted on September 11, 2011 at 9:36 pm (#)

I know, right? I love cheese too. It goes well with almost anything.

3. The Culinary Lens posted on September 11, 2011 at 9:37 pm (#)

Cute is right and surprisingly easy I think

4. Kim Bee posted on September 11, 2011 at 9:38 pm (#)

Omg Michelle, this is unflipping believable. Such a cool idea. Your a genius. I hope you send this in everywhere possible. This one is outstanding.

5. Christine's Pantry posted on September 11, 2011 at 9:44 pm (#)

Those are cute.

6. Free Spirit Eater posted on September 11, 2011 at 9:47 pm (#)

Brilliant! And so beautiful, love the details. I too have a love affair with cheese, it’s just soo good. This was a great post, thanks for sharing! =]

7. Hester Chang posted on September 11, 2011 at 11:41 pm (#)

Michelle, these are absolutely cute as bonkers! I love them! What a great cheese spread. They’re almost too cute to eat. Almost ;-)

8. Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. posted on September 12, 2011 at 12:22 am (#)

Michelle, this is the cutest thing ever!! I am also totally excited for Halloween. I have been counting the days until I can put up Halloween decorations and not have my neighbors think I am a freak!

9. Curt posted on September 12, 2011 at 2:43 am (#)

That’s a pretty cool idea. Something my kids would enjoy doing for sure!

10. Ann posted on September 12, 2011 at 2:52 am (#)

These are absolutely adorable! Halloween at your house is going to be a blast!

11. Beth @ Beth Michelle posted on September 12, 2011 at 4:32 am (#)

A girl after my own heart. I have a crush on cheese too. I LOVE these and will sooo be making them this Halloween (or maybe before, I cant wait till Halloween)

12. Foodness Gracious posted on September 12, 2011 at 5:06 am (#)

Great idea! My dinner tonight was a chunk of Parmesan and a wedge of Castello….heaven.

13. meghan posted on September 12, 2011 at 6:43 am (#)

How creative!

14. Manuela posted on September 12, 2011 at 8:02 am (#)

Ohhhh my! These are soooo cute and creative! I love them! I too adore cheese (I could live on cheese only…), so this idea is a total keeper! Thank you for sharing it! :-)

15. Junglefrog posted on September 12, 2011 at 9:54 am (#)

O these are just too good! I love cheese too… I think it must be my all time favorite food in the world and these halloween cheeses are just brilliant..!

16. Eating Deliciously posted on September 12, 2011 at 12:58 pm (#)

I’m also excited for halloween this year. This adorable pumpkin cheese plate is sure to be the hit of the party!

17. Meeling posted on September 12, 2011 at 1:45 pm (#)

Too cute!!

18. Rachel Cannon Humiston posted on September 12, 2011 at 2:32 pm (#)

This might actually be the cutest thing ever! I cannot wait to host a party if only to make these and show them off :)

19. Parsley Sage posted on September 12, 2011 at 2:57 pm (#)

GADORABLE! I swear your blog needs to win the World’s Most Adorable Food ever award. Where can I nominate you? These are genius. They make me want to host a Haggoween party :)

20. lacyd posted on September 12, 2011 at 3:43 pm (#)

You have some of the cutest and most creative posts I’ve ever seen! These are amazing and so simple, I LOVE it!

21. savoryandsavage posted on September 12, 2011 at 4:17 pm (#)

Holy crud – those are the cutest things I have ever seen!

And they are made with cheese? Count me sold!

22. Erin posted on September 12, 2011 at 4:39 pm (#)

Adorable. My favorite cheese is to take a wedge of Blue and frost it with mascarpone mixed with powdered sugar. It’s sweet and tangy and always a crowd pleaser!

23. LizMarie posted on September 12, 2011 at 6:23 pm (#)

This comment has been removed by the author.

24. LizMarie posted on September 12, 2011 at 6:24 pm (#)

Well, if this isn’t the most precious thing I’ve seen in a while! Love love love. Sold!

25. Dee at Deelicious Sweets posted on September 12, 2011 at 7:40 pm (#)

These are super duper cute!

26. Mommyof2girlz/StephD posted on September 12, 2011 at 9:08 pm (#)

Adorable and looks so tasty! Thanks for the reicpe, I had to pin it ;)

27. Jennifer posted on September 13, 2011 at 3:41 am (#)

Cuuuute, Michelle! Adorable little cheese pumpkins – so clever.

28. Aarthi posted on September 13, 2011 at 4:56 am (#)

First time here…I am glad that I reached here…

This looks like summer on a plate…I love it…Thanks for the recipe dear…I sm following your blog straightaway…

If you have time do check out my blog..

Aarthi

29. Ali B posted on September 13, 2011 at 12:37 pm (#)

What a cute and simple idea!!

30. Sandra posted on September 13, 2011 at 4:57 pm (#)

Wow what an incredible idea…very cute and creative!

31. Lauren at Keep It Sweet posted on September 13, 2011 at 5:29 pm (#)

These are so cute, love it!

32. marla {Family Fresh Cooking} posted on September 13, 2011 at 7:01 pm (#)

These are genius and adorable. I will be linking to this post tomorrow :)

33. The Mom Chef posted on September 13, 2011 at 7:48 pm (#)

I didn’t have the perfect word for these but I think Marla covered it. Genius. I absolutely love this idea. I need to tweet, etc., etc.

34. AM Nichols posted on September 13, 2011 at 7:53 pm (#)

Love these!

35. carrots posted on September 13, 2011 at 9:58 pm (#)

Absolutely fantastic!!!

36. Tiffany posted on September 14, 2011 at 12:04 am (#)

Oh my word this is cute!

37. Kita posted on September 14, 2011 at 2:11 am (#)

OMG How cute!!!

38. Jennifer posted on September 14, 2011 at 4:02 am (#)

what a great idea!
    unfortunately cheddar cheese is not so easy to find in germany!

39. Elies_Lie posted on September 14, 2011 at 5:28 am (#)

This pumpkin cheese looks amazing!
    so cute!! & tempting!!
    by the way… I love cheese too!!! ;)

40. Maria posted on September 14, 2011 at 4:59 pm (#)

How fun! Love this idea!

41. Alex posted on September 15, 2011 at 3:42 am (#)

I can’t believe how adorable these are! and cheese! yum!

42. Shari posted on September 15, 2011 at 7:48 pm (#)

Ok, I tried these last year and they were not near as cute as your. Guess I better give it another try this year.

43. Jennifer-Eighty MPH Mom posted on September 18, 2011 at 3:24 pm (#)

These just might be the cutest little things I’ve ever seen!

44. icancookthat posted on September 20, 2011 at 3:22 pm (#)

I am in love with these! How amazing!

45. Sierra posted on September 20, 2011 at 3:22 pm (#)

Every single one of your recipes is the cutest thing I have ever seen. You win at life

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Pingback: 20 Creepy and Cute Halloween Recipes Halloween Food | Dark Corner Books

2. Pingback: 20 Creepy and Cute Halloween Food Ideas | Dark Corner Books

3. Pingback: Trick or Treat?