Yes! Candy corn jello shots! How did you guess?
Without a doubt, my mini watermelon jello shots are the most popular post on my blog, so I knew for That's so Michelle's birthday week I definitely had to revisit them ... and why not make them seasonally appropriate too?
Slightly modified mini watermelon jellos shots = candy corn jello shots!
These little babies are super cute and the coconut jello on top mixed with the orange is de-li-cious. They taste like little orange jello creamsicles (yet there is almost an entire bottle of Pinnacle whipped cream flavored vodka inside, watch out!)
For a kid friendly, non-alcoholic version just use cold water with a teaspoon of vanilla instead of vodka.
The step by step is the same as with the mini watermelon jello shots, with the addition of one more layer of jello.
1 box orange jello
1 can coconut milk
1 envelope Knox geletin
1/4 cup sugar
1 bottle Pinnacle whipped cream flavored vodka
1. Prepare oranges by cutting them in halves and hollowing out the peel. This may sound easier than it is. The trick is to take a paring knife and score around the insides to carefully loosen the citrus, then spoon it out. Arrange the hollowed out orange bowls on a cookie sheet (securely upright) or in a cupcake pan.
For Orange Layer
2. Boil one cup of water then stir in packet of orange jello. When dissolved slowly add one cup of vodka and stir. Pour orange mixture into the orange peels, filling half way. Let refrigerated for at least 2-3 hours or until firm.
For White Layer
3. Pour 1/2 a cup of water and 1/2 a cup of coconut milk into a sauce pan and then sprinkle1 packet of Knox gelatin on top. Let is sit for one minute, then turn on medium heat and stir until dissolved. Add 1/4 cup sugar and heat until dissolved.
Turn off the heat and wait until the mixture is just warm and then add 1/2 a cup of vodka. Pour into oranges on top of orange jello layer.
4. Let refrigerate overnight.
5. Quarter the halves with a sharp knife, then cut those halves in half again.
For featuring on your website please make sure to contact email@example.com