Vodka Soaked Gummy Bears

“Gummy Bears, bouncing here and there and everywhere, high adventure that’s beyond compare, we are the Gummy Bears… ”

Remember that cartoon? Talking, singing, bouncing, candy. My favorite candy actually.  Does it get any better?

Yes … yes it does. You grow up and soak your favorite candy in booze!

My mom’s friend Cathy makes drunken gummies for their bowling team (those wild bowling ladies!), but she uses gummy cherries.  You can pick any gummy you want.

Gummy penguins, gummy coke bottles, gummy strawberries, peaches, watermelons… the possibilities are endless (though I have heard that Swedish Fish don’t work that well in vodka)

I added some gummy Life Savers to my bears. Hands down, “Haribo Gold-Bears” are the best in the world.

I didn’t like the idea of sticky fingers from pulling them out of a zip lock bag or party bowl, so I took the time (really it’s only about 15 minutes) to stick them all on tooth picks.

We are headed to the beach this weekend to meet up with my best friend from college and I can’t wait to bring these little guys with us!

They have quite a kick.  Eat responsibly :)

Shopping List  (inspired by Cathy Macomber on the Tuesday Nite Wildcats)
1 bag of gummy bears or gummy candy of your choice
1 cup of Absolute or Gray Goose vodka (or enough to cover the candy completely)

Place your bears in a large bowl and pour over your vodka, cover with plastic wrap and let sit for at least 24 hours. I wouldn’t go further than 48 hours, they may start breaking down.

Pour out your vodka (serve if you like, it will be pink and sweet from the bears) and carefully skewer your gummy bears. Arrange and serve.

For featuring on your website please make sure to contact thatssomichelle@gmail.com

51 Responses to “Vodka Soaked Gummy Bears”

1. Kim Bee posted on August 9, 2011 at 7:21 pm (#)

I am totally sending this to my brother. He loves vodka and he loves gummi bears. This is so amazing. I can’t have alcohol but I can sure make it for everyone else to enjoy. Such a cool idea Michelle. Buzzing this.

2. Curt posted on August 9, 2011 at 7:29 pm (#)

Very clever! After about a half an hour, you’ll be eating them by the handful.

3. Erin posted on August 9, 2011 at 7:47 pm (#)

How cute! I love the idea of turning kids candy into a grown up treat!

4. Hester Chang posted on August 9, 2011 at 8:02 pm (#)

You and your booze, lady ;-) These are the perfect adult candies that bring memories of your childhood and mix them with your fun adult ones! Hands down, Haribo ROCKS :-)

5. Michelle posted on August 9, 2011 at 8:44 pm (#)

A friend of mine used these (well, gummy worms) to make a drunken baileys dirt cup with liquor soaked worms! So fun! As you say, they liven up a party quite quickly :)

6. Christine's Pantry posted on August 9, 2011 at 9:18 pm (#)

Love this… cute!

7. tanuki posted on August 9, 2011 at 10:27 pm (#)

To avoid sticky fingers I’m thinking you could also roll them in sugar or even better, the powdered citric acid. They’d almost be like sour patch kids!

8. Pola posted on August 9, 2011 at 10:46 pm (#)

Yum! That would be a big party hit!

9. Leanna posted on August 9, 2011 at 11:31 pm (#)

Woaaaaah wait! Does this really work? Uh. how much alcohol would you say they absorb? In comparison to say..jello shots. I could have fun with this!

10. Selma *Crazy Little World Of Mine* posted on August 9, 2011 at 11:37 pm (#)

Fantastic!!!! And definitely yummy! ;)

11. Dee at Deelicious Sweets posted on August 9, 2011 at 11:52 pm (#)

Hmmm, I’m gonna have to disagree with the Hasbro and go with Black Forest ;) I totally agree with vodka macerated gummy bears though!

12. Tiffany posted on August 10, 2011 at 12:47 am (#)

Boozy candy! Why, yes please!

13. Jenny Eisen posted on August 10, 2011 at 1:10 am (#)

FYI…..Haribo clear gummy bears are the best :-p Wish I were gonna make it this weekend to partake!

14. Janet@FromCupcakesToCaviar posted on August 10, 2011 at 1:16 am (#)

LOL! Cool! In a really warped sort of a way :-P I may to try this with my grown kids at Christmas

15. Ann posted on August 10, 2011 at 2:06 am (#)

That is TOO COOL! I love it!

16. Medeja posted on August 10, 2011 at 11:41 am (#)

Im definitely trying this!!

17. Lizzy posted on August 10, 2011 at 12:05 pm (#)

What a fun and clever idea! Love this!

18. SlipperCityCakes posted on August 10, 2011 at 2:29 pm (#)

Oh these seem dangerous but so awesome!

19. Liz posted on August 10, 2011 at 3:37 pm (#)

gold bears are my favorite too!! I really want to try these!!! YUMMMMM!!!

20. Sarah Catherine posted on August 10, 2011 at 3:44 pm (#)

This is the craziest idea but I love it!! Also, I can’t believe someone else on here remembers The Gummy Bears! That was my fav cartoon growing up :)

21. Tina (PinayInTexas) posted on August 10, 2011 at 6:50 pm (#)

That is way too cute! What a cool idea!

22. Alex posted on August 10, 2011 at 8:08 pm (#)

how fun is this?!

23. savoryandsavage posted on August 10, 2011 at 9:01 pm (#)

LOl, that is an adorable idea – they look too cute for words:-)

24. Kate posted on August 10, 2011 at 10:47 pm (#)

I loved that show…and I’m completely in love with this idea.

25. Elies_Lie posted on August 11, 2011 at 8:57 am (#)

Congratz for the top 9 on foodbuzz!
    Lovely & cute gummy bear! ;)

26. Stacy Coe posted on August 11, 2011 at 2:43 pm (#)

Yum these look good and grown-up. I think I need to make them for my grandparents anniversary party this weekend. That side of the fam loves their alcohol, so I might as well get this family reunion wild with gummies :)
    Congrats on Top 9 and Bon Appetit!!

27. Lexie posted on August 11, 2011 at 3:05 pm (#)

What a great idea! Living here in Arizona, the colors remind me of the Mexican culture. Also, I think I will use Tequila instead of Vodka. Thanks so much for the fabulous idea!

28. BigBearswife posted on August 11, 2011 at 3:36 pm (#)

how neat!!! I could see myself eatting way to many of these lol

29. Becka (The Elegant Eggplant) posted on August 11, 2011 at 6:24 pm (#)

I am obsessed with these!!

30. esther posted on August 11, 2011 at 7:59 pm (#)

Two of my favorite things, together in harmony?!? How can I resist? MAKINGTHEM.

31. Crystal posted on August 11, 2011 at 10:10 pm (#)

I wonder what would happen if you used Pinnacle’s Gummy-flavored vodka for this??

32. Adelina posted on August 11, 2011 at 11:26 pm (#)

I can’t wait to try these! They look so much fun… I just have to make sure my kids are not around to mistaken them for virgin gummies.

33. dia posted on August 12, 2011 at 2:13 am (#)

amazing!
    will make these soon,
    also thanks for reminding me of
    one of my favorite cartoons as a kid!

34. The Slow Roasted Italian posted on August 12, 2011 at 5:44 pm (#)

Loving these!

35. jesikah posted on August 12, 2011 at 9:01 pm (#)

Can’t wait to try these! :)

36. Kelsey posted on August 13, 2011 at 4:40 pm (#)

This post is so cute and so doable. I think that I might have to do these for the next party I have with all of my rather boozy friends! Thanks for sharing
    -http://gradsguidetowine.blogspot.com

37. Chic Cookies posted on August 16, 2011 at 5:30 pm (#)

This is genius on a stick. LOVE this! I posted a link on ediblecrafts.craftgossip.com :)

38. Andrea L. Arnold posted on August 16, 2011 at 8:05 pm (#)

Amazing idea!! I need to throw a party so I can serve these!

39. Shannon posted on August 17, 2011 at 6:00 am (#)

I loved this soo much I just linked you over at my blog : http://recipemicellany.blogspot.com/ Anything that can be boozed AND put on a stick deserves a lot of credit ;)

40. pricklygirl posted on August 17, 2011 at 2:48 pm (#)

In honor of the first day of school (!!!!!!) some of my mom friends are planning a morning of bourbon milkshakes…these will be such a good accompaniment :) We’ll probably eat something that isn’t liquor-soaked, but I dunno… Thanks for the great idea!

41. betsey at b.bar posted on August 17, 2011 at 4:54 pm (#)

Drunken Gummies – I love it! Will definitely have to try this one out! Thanks for sharing!

Betsey at b.bbar

42. ashatc posted on August 18, 2011 at 4:27 pm (#)

This also works great with Malibu!

43. Anonymous posted on October 11, 2011 at 3:17 pm (#)

We used to make these in elementary school in 6th grade in LA with sweet rum and coconut concentrate from the asian market… and get smashed before class. We called the coco-Rummies The girls would always let you grope them, it was great until we started jr high and moved on to harder drugs and more penetrating activities.

44. Brian posted on October 18, 2011 at 2:39 am (#)

Hello Michelle,
    It’s good to see that you added the part about eating these boozed bears responsibly. I do see this as being an interesting party favor, but after reflecting on my teen years, any knowledge of this approach during such time may have placed me squarely in jail or even in a coffin.
    Speaking as a parent, this is something that I would want my teen daughter to truly understand the consequences associated with consuming such in excess and the implications of driving a car intoxicated as well as potentially dealing with unwanted sexual advances.
    Again, I thank you for adding the part about consuming them responsibly.
    Brian

45. Anonymous posted on November 9, 2011 at 2:57 pm (#)

My friends and I decided on a “homemade” holiday exchange. This is going to be part of mine. I think I will roll them in glitter sugar, and then pack in a cute box!!! Love it. Thanks!

46. risapeyton88 posted on November 14, 2011 at 5:39 pm (#)

QUESTION??? I tried this and within 4 hours the gummy bears were disolving into the vodka making the vodka get thiscker and the bears smaller??? didnt work wat happened???? Anybody know what I did wrong?

• Anonymous replied on March 14th, 2012 at 3:06 am

The gummy bears might have been to soft. I tried this a few times and the firmer gummy bears hold their shape better. Also, the vodka you used might have been to harsh..bankers club or anything like that might not be the best. Personally I prefer rum…

• Anonymous replied on July 2nd, 2012 at 3:59 pm

if you freeze the gummy bears before you add the vodka it works good

47. Anonymous posted on December 18, 2011 at 11:23 pm (#)

i feel like the gummy coke bottles would taste good with rum. previous experience?

48. Vodka Gummy Bears Rule! posted on May 11, 2012 at 11:53 pm (#)

I never thought of using toothpicks to hold the gummy bears before. They’re like little hors d’oeuvres. I will have to use this next party. Be careful not to use too much vodka at first. It takes a little bit of feel to get the proportions right.

49. Lori posted on July 8, 2012 at 5:16 pm (#)

Make sure you refrigerate while soaking the gummies or you’ll end up with a tub of goo (learned from experience).