Strawberry Cheesecake Brownies

These strawberries were about to go bad…  I probably should have just put them in the blender with some almond milk and ice cubes… but I didn’t.

I layered them in Hershey’s Brownie mix with a cream cheese topping instead.

I’ve written about 15 different paragraphs about these brownies, and then deleted everything and started over.  Such food blogger block today!

Hopefully I have already won your affection. I tried to make the strawberries look like a heart on top of the brownie.  See?  Who needs chit chat, right? They speak for themselves.

Shopping List
One box Original Supreme Hershey’s Brownie mix
2 eggs
¼ cup canola oil
¼ cup water
1 lb strawberries (sliced lengthwise)
8 oz. cream cheese (room temp)
¾ cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. With an electric mixer, combine the brownie mix, 1 egg, water and oil until smooth.

Line a 9×13 pan with foil, grease it, and pour in half of your brownie mix. Layer your strawberry slices across the surface. Then cover the strawberries with the remaining brownie mix.

In a separate bowl mix your cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla and one egg until smooth. Throw in a small handful of berries for some more color and flavor (optional).

Pour your cream cheese topping over the brownie mix and with a rubber spatula or spoon carefully smooth it over completely. You might end up swirling in some chocolate from the brownies but that’s okay.

Bake for about 40 minutes or until the toothpick in the center trick works.

31 Responses to “Strawberry Cheesecake Brownies”

1. baking.serendipity posted on August 3, 2011 at 7:22 pm (#)

I hate writer’s block, but absolutely love these! The strawberry heart is too cute :)

2. Curt posted on August 3, 2011 at 7:53 pm (#)

Those look delicious. You sure have some scrumptious looking sweets on this site!

3. Torviewtoronto posted on August 3, 2011 at 7:55 pm (#)

yummy looking cheesecake lovely combination

4. The Picky Eater posted on August 3, 2011 at 8:11 pm (#)

Amazing!! I have all of the ingredients except the brownie mix. I may pick some up today and make them for tonight’s dessert! Quick and easy! Thanks for sharing!

Flava In Ya Ear

5. Erin posted on August 3, 2011 at 8:19 pm (#)

Love the strawberry heart! Who needs chit chat when you have these brownies to look at! Delicious!

6. Bud and Leo posted on August 3, 2011 at 8:31 pm (#)

YUM they look so delish I want one right now!

7. Ann posted on August 3, 2011 at 8:33 pm (#)

I’m sorry you had bloggers block – but I’m glad you persevered…the brownies are gorgeous! …and they do speak for themselves!

8. Tina posted on August 3, 2011 at 8:36 pm (#)

Nothing like putting three of my favorites into one bar, I am craving one of these gems right now! well done

9. Steph posted on August 3, 2011 at 8:52 pm (#)

I hate food blogger block! But at least you had these brownies to keep you company while you figured out exactly what to write!

10. Michelle posted on August 3, 2011 at 9:33 pm (#)

I’m so envious that you got to nosh on these….

11. Mallorie Owens posted on August 3, 2011 at 9:36 pm (#)

YUM! And so cute with the strawberry heart :)

12. Kim Bee posted on August 3, 2011 at 9:46 pm (#)

Those brownies look delicious. You did great for having writer’s block. Making the strawberries into a heart was a fab idea.

13. Parsley Sage posted on August 3, 2011 at 10:01 pm (#)

The little heart is gadorable. I’m sure we’ve all had those days where the words just won’t come out. At least you don’t get cooker’s block :) Buzzed!

14. Adora's Box posted on August 3, 2011 at 10:15 pm (#)

The chit chat is the hard part for me and it’s not just sometimes. Yes, these do speak for themselves. Yum! Two of the most delightful things together. Nice to know that you’ve been cooking pancit :)

15. Sean Marie posted on August 3, 2011 at 10:59 pm (#)

The picture speaks for itself! They look so scrumptious!

16. S.V. posted on August 4, 2011 at 1:00 am (#)

Strawberries and chocolate go together so well. These look fantastic.

17. Christine's Pantry posted on August 4, 2011 at 2:13 am (#)

Wow! Looks wonderful! Those pictures made my mouth water. Wanted to pull it of the screen and eat it up. As Paula would say… makes ya want to slap your mama. :-)

18. savoryandsavage posted on August 4, 2011 at 2:46 am (#)

Food blogger block is tough. I totally understand.

I sometimes sit for forever trying to write the title for my post.

Those strawberry cheescake brownies look delicious!

19. Dzoli posted on August 4, 2011 at 4:50 am (#)

Great variation on a classic cheesecake;)

20. The Shiksa in the Kitchen posted on August 4, 2011 at 5:27 am (#)

So happy these strawberries didn’t end up in a shake! Would have been a tragedy. That strawberry heart is adorable. ;)

21. jillian m. posted on August 4, 2011 at 12:16 pm (#)

I need these in my life right now! The heart-shaped strawberry is such an adorable touch.

22. tell yourself to be myself posted on August 4, 2011 at 12:28 pm (#)

you always inspire me! GREAT WORK MWA MWA

23. DC posted on August 4, 2011 at 1:27 pm (#)

These are making me want to discover that room in my house called a kitchen! Shoot. I love the heart topping!

24. SlipperCityCakes posted on August 4, 2011 at 4:37 pm (#)

Oh yes please!! These look awesome!

25. Liz posted on August 4, 2011 at 4:38 pm (#)

I love that they look like a heart!! I have had the same writing blog recently – hence my 3 line posts as of late! I am starting a new thing where I write while it is fresh and then add pictures/post later :) I’ll let you know how it goes :)

26. Sarah Catherine posted on August 5, 2011 at 1:17 am (#)

These sound really decadent. P.S. I love the strawberry hearts too!!! Thanks.

27. Sutapa posted on August 5, 2011 at 8:26 am (#)

Truly decadent lovely cheesecake! I love the way you garnished with strawberry heart!

28. Kita posted on August 6, 2011 at 6:00 pm (#)

I hate when I hit a writers block!! These brownies though certainly look like they make up for it :D

29. Hester Chang posted on August 7, 2011 at 4:41 pm (#)

Haha, that’s funny about the 15 paragraphs. I’m glad the block got out. The brownies look fantastic and the hearts are cute :-) They don’t look like they’re going bad. My kind of going bad is when they’ve got that weird pink mushy stuff going on. Then, that soon turns to mold. Ugh, I swear strawberries don’t last very long these days.

30. Sandra posted on August 7, 2011 at 11:25 pm (#)

mmm chocolate and strawberries..this looks and sound like a perfect brownie to me:))

31. Luiz Claudio posted on August 9, 2011 at 2:18 pm (#)

Hey! I loved it! My prefer recipe!!!!

Kisses.