Spanish Olive Hot Dog

Okay, Okay.  I have to admit it — after two months of posting hot dogs every Friday — I am finally all hot dogged out.

I was really tempted to throw in the towel this week … but I promised a new hot dog every Friday all summer  and I am a woman of my word.  No matter how bizarre or challenging this gets.

I took 212 photos of this hot dog. Hot dogs have proven to be very difficult subjects to photograph. This one was no exception.

I didn’t even want to share these photos. [So hard on myself] But my taste tester said “No baby, this tastes really good, really good, you have to post it.”

Do you like green olives and cream cheese together? If you haven’t tried it I suggest you do. I usually make little pastry puffs filled with the salty and creamy duet. Or canapes, and spreads.  Weird yes, but delish.

Honey doesn’t think it’s weird.  She loves all of my cooking.  Good girl.

18 Responses to “Spanish Olive Hot Dog”

1. Liz posted on August 5, 2011 at 12:34 pm (#)

I love the picture with Honey in it!!! So cute!

2. Parsley Sage posted on August 5, 2011 at 12:40 pm (#)

Honey’s got good taste. This might be my new favorite. I’ve never had the green olive/cream cheese mash up but now that you mention it, it sounds INCREDIBLE. Bookmarked and Buzzed :)

3. Curt posted on August 5, 2011 at 12:45 pm (#)

I’ve never thought of putting olives on a hot dog.

Nice photo choices!

4. Michelle posted on August 5, 2011 at 1:09 pm (#)

Ooooh canape and hot dog…. never would have thought of that but sounds amazing!

5. Charissa posted on August 5, 2011 at 2:39 pm (#)

Haha, wow…yah, it takes me a lot of photos sometimes too! You hate taking photos of hot dogs…I don`t like taking photos of popsicles.

Buzzed ya!

6. Pola posted on August 5, 2011 at 2:45 pm (#)

Cream cheese and olive is fantastic! In Italy, Philadelphia comes olive flavored too and is by far my favorite flavor!!

7. Sandra posted on August 5, 2011 at 5:22 pm (#)

what a great idea…Love that you put cream cheese, and olives in a hot dog..Got to try it!!!

8. Foodness Gracious posted on August 5, 2011 at 6:21 pm (#)

This sounds really good! Keep posting…I love hot dogs!

9. katiez posted on August 5, 2011 at 7:26 pm (#)

Love cream cheese and olives! Love hot dogs! Haven’t had a hot dog since we left the US 15 years ago… Not popular here in France LOL

10. Bud and Leo posted on August 5, 2011 at 8:59 pm (#)

This does sound like an interesting combination, but certainly all things I love. I’m going to have to try it!

11. Dzoli posted on August 5, 2011 at 9:32 pm (#)

Are you sure your Dog loves hot dog?:P

12. Ann posted on August 6, 2011 at 2:25 am (#)

I love cream cheese and olives together….this one is a stroke of genius! Don’t give up…we want hot dogs!

13. Jessi posted on August 6, 2011 at 3:47 am (#)

I don’t love olives, but I just stumbled upon your blog and i LOVE it! You are very inspiring, I can’t wait to read more!

14. rubberducky posted on August 6, 2011 at 8:00 pm (#)

Im new to your blog and havent yet seen all the hotdogs you’ve been creating, but have you tried making different flavored mayonnaises? my favorite so far is a hotdog with garlic mayo and chives. obv cant breathe on anyone for teh rest fo the day but it is so good! pesto mayo, red pepper mayo, etc etc….all potential yums for your hotdog :) keep up the challenge!

15. Erin posted on August 7, 2011 at 2:05 am (#)

How cute with your dog! You are outdoing yourself with Hot Dogs! I could not have come up with this many!

16. Hester Chang posted on August 7, 2011 at 4:48 pm (#)

You’re kidding… 212 pictures?!?!?! That’s crazy! I’m glad you got some good ones out of it. I didn’t know you were doing a Hot Dog Friday so now I know :-)

17. katie lewis posted on August 8, 2011 at 2:53 pm (#)

that actually looks really good – i was confused when i read the title but man i want a bite!!

18. Mo posted on August 8, 2011 at 3:17 pm (#)

I don’t love green olives my self, but I think this would be good with some jalapeno slices – like a hot dog jalapeno popper! Thanks for always providing out-of-the-box ideas!