Franks Red Hot Buffalo Dog

Pre-season football snack anyone?

I can’t wait for more football. Lazy Sundays napping on the couch in an oversized jersey and leggings or meeting up with friends for cheap pitchers of beer and WINGS.

When I came up with this combo for Hot Dog Friday it was kind of a “duh” moment. Of course I would put cheesy, creamy, spicy, celery crunch on a hot dog.

And of course it would be really good.

I just used the base of my buffalo chicken dip (that I’ve seen people eat with a spoon) minus the chicken and then sprinkled some more Franks Red Hot sauce, blue cheese, and celery pieces on top. So easy and definitely “fun food”

Just in case you missed a few, here is a recap of Hot Dog Friday so far. Which one has been your favorite?

Gryo Dog
Thai Hot Dog
Grilled Ruben Hot Dog
Honey Basil and Panko Dog
Lil Smokies with Green Apple and Brie Cheese

Hawaiian Hot Dog
Oven Baked Chili Cheese Dogs
Sweet & Savory Breakfast Hot Dog
Spanish Olive Hot Dog
Pulled Pork Dog with Lemon Pickled Onions

15 Responses to “Franks Red Hot Buffalo Dog”

1. Liz posted on August 26, 2011 at 3:22 pm (#)

OMG!!! I totally want this hot dog!! It looks soooo good! I can not wait to get to eat some yummy football snack foods! :)

2. Feeling Food posted on August 26, 2011 at 3:35 pm (#)

Love those lazy Sundays too:) And since being pregnant am very partial to Hot dogs, so will be trying out this recipe for sure:)

3. Ericka Andersen posted on August 26, 2011 at 3:39 pm (#)

I think I would like the chili cheese dogs the best but I love the idea of the breakfast one (especially if you wrap in pancake next time!) This one I would totally love to…especially because I”m one of the people you’ve seen eat the dip with a spoon!!!

4. esther posted on August 26, 2011 at 4:39 pm (#)

YOM. I just had a buffalo dog at a baseball game last week, it was fantastic! I don’t know why I didn’t think of making my own. But now it looks like I’ll have to!

5. savoryandsavage posted on August 26, 2011 at 5:43 pm (#)

Blue cheese on a hot dog? Brilliant!!

6. Dzoli posted on August 26, 2011 at 6:57 pm (#)

That sounds good.We don’t have here anything we call buffalo dog but sure can make one to look like it:)

7. Stephers posted on August 26, 2011 at 9:47 pm (#)

Yummy! I can’t wait for football season either! And this dog looks like the perfect way to enjoy it!

8. Mario posted on August 26, 2011 at 10:26 pm (#)

Hot Dog!!! This is one dogalicious post, Michelle. You have not got me even more excited about the football season. Dogonit, I can’t wait! Go Cowboys!

9. Christine's Pantry posted on August 26, 2011 at 10:56 pm (#)

I’d like a hot dog. :-) Looks wonderful!

10. Claire posted on August 26, 2011 at 11:03 pm (#)

I just when I thought your oven baked hot dogs looked like the best ones ive seen, you go and post these! Franks Red Hot is one of my favorite hot sauces (right behind Tapatio). I bet these taste sooo good!

11. Ann posted on August 27, 2011 at 4:57 am (#)

This is a great hot dog and I’ve enjoyed your Hot Dog Fridays SO much! Did you decide what you’re doing for Fall? Will it be apples?

12. Made in Sonoma posted on August 27, 2011 at 5:27 am (#)

This one looks like a winner!

13. Lori Lynn posted on August 27, 2011 at 2:20 pm (#)

Another good one Michelle!
    LL

14. Mother Rimmy posted on August 28, 2011 at 5:16 pm (#)

We love football season and football food. There’s nothing better! These dogs look and sound terrific!

15. Parsley Sage posted on August 28, 2011 at 6:32 pm (#)

LOVE IT! My football games are on around 830 Saturday mornings and I STILL think this would be a perfect way to start the game :)