Carl and Ellie: A Love Story

One of my favorite love stories that’s worthy of a repeat post.  (Get your box of tissues ready)

P.S. Let me know if you haven’t seen the movie. There is a surprise at the end about what was in Ellie’s adventure book.

16 Responses to “Carl and Ellie: A Love Story”

1. Rachel @ My Naturally Frugal Family posted on August 31, 2011 at 2:45 pm (#)

I LOVE Up. It is a wonderful and story to be enjoyed by all ages :)

2. Selma @ Crazy Little World Of Mine posted on August 31, 2011 at 3:15 pm (#)

Such a cute story!!! Love UP. :D

3. Sandra posted on August 31, 2011 at 3:54 pm (#)

i love “up” too, my kids watched it several times:))(and me too:P)

4. Sarah posted on August 31, 2011 at 4:01 pm (#)

I love Up :) this part makes me cry every time!

5. savoryandsavage posted on August 31, 2011 at 5:11 pm (#)

That is a great movie. They had such a lovely life together (in a totally pretend way, of course).

6. Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. posted on August 31, 2011 at 5:37 pm (#)

I do love this, but it made me SO sad!!

7. Michelle O posted on August 31, 2011 at 5:39 pm (#)

I cry every time too. It really is bittersweet. But in the end — he didn’t need to go on a paradise vacation or adventure with her. Her adventure book was filled with all of their life experiences. That’s what life really is all about isn’t it… the everyday.

8. Janet@FromCupcakesToCaviar posted on August 31, 2011 at 8:19 pm (#)

I LOVE that movie. Such a crotchety old man… but who has good reason.

9. Dzoli posted on August 31, 2011 at 8:47 pm (#)

Fantatsic.I haven’t seen the movie?The end surprise?

10. Michelle O posted on August 31, 2011 at 8:53 pm (#)

Hi Dzoli :) So in the end of the clip it looks like she has an empty adventure book since they never made it to paradise falls. Carl walks home alone after his wife has passed thinking he didn’t give his wife the life she wanted… until he opens the adventure scrapbook and (watch here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsG2S_1PRnk) !!! I just cried AGAIN

11. Curry and Comfort posted on August 31, 2011 at 9:07 pm (#)

My kids and I love this movie! I think we have watched it a dozen times! : )

12. SlipperCityCakes posted on September 1, 2011 at 12:06 pm (#)

I always cry when I see this! Such a great movie!
    -Elyse @The Cultural Dish

13. Kita posted on September 1, 2011 at 9:05 pm (#)

OK – My Up reply. I am not a fan of pixar – mainly because my boss is a Disney FREAK…. and whatever your thinking – I promise its 10 times worse then that. So I have every pixar moment shoved down my throat all of the time. But Up was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. They some how were able to capture the most basic of human emotions and the spirit of everyones father, grandfather or someone you’ve loved in animated characters. It was an amazing feat and I am in awe over it. I could watch that movie every day.

14. Michelle O posted on September 1, 2011 at 11:17 pm (#)

Kita, I couldn’t have said it better myself!

15. Gaya Hidup Sehat posted on December 26, 2011 at 9:11 am (#)

“thanks for the adventure now go have a new one”
    -best film in my life-

16. Anonymous posted on December 27, 2011 at 8:22 pm (#)

Hi, Do you know where I can rent or buy this movie? Ideally with a French version.

Denisgalipeau@hotmail.com (Montréal, Canada)