Hawaiian Hot Dog for Grandpa

Aloha! Today, is an awesome day.

It’s Hot Dog Friday, and  we have been told to wear beach clothes at work (!!!) and  there is a kiddie pool set up in the conference room (no joke).

But most importantly … today is my grandpa’s birthday.  This Hawaiian hot dog,  with bacon,  pineapple, chives and hoisen sauce is for you Poppy.

Did your grandpa buy you 10lb. containers of gummy bears from BJ’s Wholesale Club when you were a kid? Mine did.

Did your grandpa take you to buy your prom dress and even pick out the rhinestone heels to match? Mine did.

Does your grandpa read your food blog and send it to all of his friends and ask them to click on everything to increase your traffic? Mine does. :)

Happy Birthday Poppy. You are truly loved. (Especially because you like hot dogs just as much as I do)

Shopping List  (Adapted from Food Network’s Polynesian Dog)

All beef hot dogs
Hot dog buns
Pineapple chunks
Bacon
Chives
Hoisen sauce

While you are grilling your hot dog, dice your pineapple chunks, and chives into smaller pieces.

Crisp up your bacon in the microwave, patting off the excess grease with a paper towel. When the bacon is cooked, rough chop it into smaller pieces as well.

Place your grilled hot dog in the bun and spoon on your hoisen sauce. Sprinkle on your bacon bits, then spoon on a little more hoisen. Place your pineapples on top and the chives last.

Enjoy.

23 Responses to “Hawaiian Hot Dog for Grandpa”

1. Ericka Andersen posted on July 22, 2011 at 1:59 pm (#)

YUM! Shelby should read this because she’s a hot dog freak but…she might be the kind that will only put ketchup on hers. So lame!

2. Michelle O posted on July 22, 2011 at 2:01 pm (#)

You should tell her. I’ve been posting a new hot dog every Friday for over a month now! Tons of different kinds :)

3. Dee at Deelicious Sweets posted on July 22, 2011 at 2:08 pm (#)

Look at that hotdog showing off! Wow! You have such an awesome Grandpa! Would you share?

4. Parsley Sage posted on July 22, 2011 at 2:28 pm (#)

Your poppy sounds like the absolute coolest! And since he’s the inspiration behind this super yummy hotdog, he gets a double ‘cool’ rating :)

Have fun at work today!

5. tell yourself to be myself posted on July 22, 2011 at 2:54 pm (#)

that looks so delicious! hope your popa loved it ;p

6. Adora's Box posted on July 22, 2011 at 3:05 pm (#)

So sweet. Grandpa’s hotdog is really my kind of hot dog…pineapple chunks, hoisin sauce, bacon, chives. Not to forget the hotdog. Will dream of this tonight.

7. KEcker posted on July 22, 2011 at 3:44 pm (#)

The hot dog looks great and it sounds like you have the best grandpa in the world:-)

8. Kelly @ Eat Yourself Skinny posted on July 22, 2011 at 3:56 pm (#)

Hehe such a pretty hotdog! The pineapple chunks are my faaaavorite :)

9. Ruth posted on July 22, 2011 at 4:16 pm (#)

This looks fantastic! Pineapple with salty bacon is right up my street!

10. The Farmers Wife posted on July 22, 2011 at 4:54 pm (#)

That is such a cute post! And a tasty looking hot dog! I think that is one hot dog I could get on board with! Yum!

11. Janet@FromCupcakesToCaviar posted on July 22, 2011 at 7:53 pm (#)

I really really want this hot dog :-D Very creative! And very buzzed :-P

12. Christine's Pantry posted on July 22, 2011 at 8:34 pm (#)

Sounds like you have an awesome grandpa, and it sounds like your grandpa has an awesome granddaughter. Family is so important. Happy Birthday to your grandpa. Your hot dog looks wonderful.

13. Dzoli posted on July 23, 2011 at 6:46 am (#)

I ahve great grandpa’s but unfortunatelly they live far far away.Reading your post I just realized how I missed all of that (some memories from my early childhood I still have with them and cherish them)

14. Tina posted on July 23, 2011 at 11:20 am (#)

Happy Birthday to your grandpa! I am sure he enjoyed this savory dog-it looks delicious. thanks for sharing.
    flourtrader.blogspot.com

15. Hester Chang posted on July 24, 2011 at 9:07 pm (#)

Ooh, definitely delicious! Hope your Poppy had an incredible birthday and got to some some of these fabulous Hawaiian hot dogs :-)

16. Ann posted on July 24, 2011 at 11:21 pm (#)

Wow – this is a cool hotdog! Congratulations on making Food buzz’s Top 9 and my best to your Poppy!

17. Skylar Wolfe posted on July 26, 2011 at 2:00 am (#)

Looks delicious, I love meat in tube form! Tasty

18. Jennifer posted on July 30, 2011 at 7:08 pm (#)

My grandpa would stock the house with soda and ice cream and snappy (natural-casing) hot-dogs when we’d come to visit. I loved it! Pineapple and bacon on a hot dog sounds too good!

19. Jess posted on January 14, 2012 at 9:12 pm (#)

Sounds yum, but have ya tried wrapping the hot dog in the bacon securing with toothpicks and BBQ together? Do it all the time for chili dogs will def have to try the Hawaiian version.

20. L Adelle posted on March 20, 2012 at 2:01 am (#)

Your Grandpa took you to pick out your prom dress?! thats adorable :’)

21. Ira Yun posted on June 19, 2012 at 3:36 am (#)

this is such a sweet post =) you’re very lucky to have such a great grandpa

22. Andrew Sorrentino posted on July 22, 2012 at 6:59 pm (#)

I WANT ONE!

23. castord hanna posted on December 22, 2012 at 10:43 am (#)

Lots of Good information in your post,
    I favorited your blog post
    so I can visit again in the future, Thanks.

wholesale touch screen gloves