Drunken Grapes and Jenny’s Sunday BBQ

These boozy grapes were super easy and everyone loved them at Jenny’s BBQ today. Simply slice some red (or green) grapes and soak them in Amaretto over night. Stick them on some tooth picks and tadaa, you’ve got a party pleaser.

The rich almond-y flavor of the Amaretto and the sweet and sour grapes worked really well.

Truthfully,  any kind of fruit soaked in alcohol will be a party pleaser … It’s a no brainer. I had to use the left over grapes from these and the Amaretto just smelled so good when I uncorked it.

BBQ classics …

Here is me (I know, I know, finally another photo of myself, I’m shy) and the hostess with the mostess Jenny from Savory Style.  Check her out!  Jenny’s blog was one of the first to inspire me to start my own.

And this… this was clearly a mans idea. Tasty yes, but good lord, that’s a cheese burger on a Krispy Cream donut! And I thought my bacon, chocolate chip cookies were indulgent.

Last but not least my favorite party guest, Jenny’s dog Eddie. I think he rocks my hat better than I do.

Great party Jenny… Okay, off to watch True Blood.

13 Responses to “Drunken Grapes and Jenny’s Sunday BBQ”

1. Amy posted on July 25, 2011 at 2:01 am (#)

Looks like you had fun at your BBQ :)! I love the drunken grapes! So simple and yet so yummy sounding!

2. Ann posted on July 25, 2011 at 4:17 am (#)

YUM! I love the grape idea! I’ve heard of burgers on Krispy Kreme donuts – I loved seeing the picture of them!

3. Foodness Gracious posted on July 25, 2011 at 4:28 am (#)

Wow did anyone actually eat that burger? Great post and I’m digging the apricot ale right now by Pyramid, It’s awesome!
    Thanks for sharing..

4. Dzoli posted on July 25, 2011 at 11:35 am (#)

You look so happy and why would’nt you be.Great sunny day,great company,great food.Who could want anything nmore.Fun all around;)

5. Michelle O posted on July 25, 2011 at 12:22 pm (#)

This comment has been removed by the author.

6. Michelle O posted on July 25, 2011 at 12:39 pm (#)

Ann isn’t the picture kind of mouth watering? And Food Gracious, yea a few people had one I think. I’ve heard they are really good.

I love that apricot beer too! It was the first time I had it. Really good. Not too sweet like some fruity beers.

• Brandy replied on April 28th, 2012 at 5:37 pm

Pyramid’s Apricot Ale is one of my fav’s also! Sooo yummy!

7. Parsley Sage posted on July 25, 2011 at 1:46 pm (#)

You’re the best party dish maker ever. Seriously.

And ‘ohmigod’ to the burger…whoa

8. Kelly @ Eat Yourself Skinny posted on July 25, 2011 at 4:41 pm (#)

What a great idea for grapes, this looks sooo delicious! Perfect for a summer gathering! :)

9. Erin posted on July 25, 2011 at 5:11 pm (#)

What a great idea! These would be amazing! Love Armaretto!

10. chefdanielle posted on July 26, 2011 at 2:17 pm (#)

Very clever idea! I’m going to try this with champagne!

11. Liz posted on July 26, 2011 at 2:35 pm (#)

That was so cute!!! I love when you share pictures of things you are doing as well as just the recipes!!
    What are you up to over the next two weeks? I need some Michelle time!!

12. Hester Chang posted on July 27, 2011 at 2:29 am (#)

Hooray for boozy fruit, Michelle :-) Congratulations on today’s Top 9! I’m right up there with you with my mini lemon cheesecakes. Ooh, these would have gone over well at the BBQ. Hope you’re having a great week!