So Good: Trader Joe’s Strawberry Coconut Milk Ice Cream

I’m not an “ice cream” girl.  You won’t find me watching sad movies with a carton of Ben and Jerry’s and a box of tissues.  I’d much rather be bad with a bag of sour cream and onion chips.

But I want to marry this ice cream…

Maybe I like it so much because it’s not really ice cream.  It’s dairy free… soy free… gluten free and vegan friendly.  Also there are no artificial flavors, preservatives or coloring. Amazing right?

It’s as creamy as a milkshake. You get the strawberry flavor first, light and fresh, then a rich, luscious hint of coconut. Not too much though, just enough.

I don’t post products often, but I’m telling you, you have to run to Trader Joe’s and pick up a carton of their Strawberry Coconut Milk Ice Cream. It’s a spoonful of heaven for only $2.99.

11 Responses to “So Good: Trader Joe’s Strawberry Coconut Milk Ice Cream”

1. Parsley Sage posted on June 29, 2011 at 1:45 pm (#)

…I so want to go to a Trader Joes!

2. Michelle O posted on June 29, 2011 at 1:50 pm (#)

Do they have one in the Islands? P.S. I’ve been running a lot but also want to try a spinning class like you mentioned. They have them at my gym, I just have to stop being scared and get to it. :)

3. Erika Lee Sears posted on June 29, 2011 at 2:51 pm (#)

I just love TJ’s! I am a huge fan of their gluten free waffle/pancake mix- it seriously tastes like the real thing.

4. Alleen posted on June 29, 2011 at 2:55 pm (#)

I recently purchased the Espresso flavored ice cream at Maggie Moos and it’s awesome! Add a drizzle of chocolate and you’re good to go, even though it’s way over priced. I’ll have to try TJ’s next time! Hope all is well! xo

5. Crazy Little World Of Mine posted on June 29, 2011 at 3:36 pm (#)

So will buy this one next time I’m at Trader’s. :) Yumm!

6. Julie posted on June 29, 2011 at 7:56 pm (#)

My boyfriend and I bought this once thinking that it was regular strawberry ice cream.. but nope! It is SO good! I love how creamy it is and the coconut flavor to it. Ahh, I love Trader Joe’s.

7. Anonymous posted on December 9, 2011 at 5:46 am (#)

IT’S DEC 8 TH AND TRADER JOE’S IS STILL OUT OF THIS ICE CREAM. WHAT GIVES………. STILL NOT IN SINCE LAST SPRING IF NOT LONGER. NEW PRODUCT, VERY POPULAR, OK IT WAS A SUCCES AND SO WHERE IS IT ?

8. Juanda from WDC posted on April 4, 2012 at 8:56 pm (#)

I was paying close to $5.00 for a pint of coconut milk ice cream until I went to Trader Joe’s and found their store brand. Chocolate or Strawberry they are both extremely delicious and superbly creamy at only $3.50 a pint. It’s better than any ice cream I have ever had. I believe coconut milk is the reason my thyroid is back to normal so I indulge in it for health as well as pleasure.

9. Juanda from WDC posted on April 4, 2012 at 8:58 pm (#)

I also want to note that one pound of their shelled sunflower seeds is only $1.99. I couldn’t believe it! I had been paying $5.99 per pound.

10. goda posted on May 16, 2012 at 6:15 am (#)

There is a coconut shortage so there is a limited amount of this being made. It comes in sporadic batches. Incredibly upsetting because it is SO GOOD!

11. NENolan posted on January 23, 2014 at 11:22 pm (#)

Same here! Give me chips, doritos, tortillas chips or cheez-its and I’m one happy girl…but this does look yummy! My husband is on his way to TJ’s now and this is definitely on my shopping list. : )