Fancy Pink Lemonade Jello Shots

Like my cake pops, my fancy jello shots are no stranger to this blog.  (Check out my Blood Orange, and Watermelon Jello Shots)  They have been so popular and they are so much fun that I had to try a different flavor/color variation for our Southern themed Gold Cup tailgate.  Meet the pink lemonade jello shot.

10 lemons, *one box watermelon (or any kind of pink color) jello * 1 cup vodka  *1 cup boiling water - 10 lemons makes 40 jello shots –

The step by step recipe for these awesome adult treats are posted here (with photos) in my watermelon version.

Tips: I’ve learned so far that you must buy “Jello” brand jello or the shots are way too strong. Also I prefer the flavor that oranges or lemons lend to jello over the bitter taste of limes, but the combinations are endless!

In addition to our jello shots we had collard greens, blueberry corn muffins, pimento cheese dip, a feta and green apple salad, brown sugar and pecan cookies, deli sandwiches, a cheese and crackers spread, and more.

Gold Cup was so much fun that we already have our outfits and menu planned out for next year. Photo credits to Maggie Mae‘s fiance Ben, who did a great job making all of us look amazing.

For featuring on your website please make sure to contact thatssomichelle@gmail.com

20 Responses to “Fancy Pink Lemonade Jello Shots”

1. Kim @ keller-creative posted on May 9, 2011 at 2:20 pm (#)

Those are so cute!

2. Ericka Andersen posted on May 9, 2011 at 2:25 pm (#)

Ooh I need to learn this photo trick! Very nice…I was wishing I could have had one!

3. Jenny Eisen posted on May 9, 2011 at 2:42 pm (#)

I’m gonna need to get some photo shop type lessons from you Michelle! Ha ha. Gold cup was so much fun. Can’t wait for all the upcoming summer events!

4. Parsley Sage posted on May 9, 2011 at 3:24 pm (#)

What a day! Looks like an absolute blast and those jello shots are pure genius :) Well done!

5. Renee B. posted on May 9, 2011 at 4:04 pm (#)

Okay, these look delish and are gonna have to be a must have at our Memorial Day BBQ!! Thanks for the tips! Looks like an awesome time….well anytime where you can rock a hat is good with me! :) Have a great Monday!!! xoxo

6. savoryandsavage posted on May 9, 2011 at 6:00 pm (#)

Looked like a great day – any excuse to get dressed up and wear big hats is a really great day :-)

Those Jello shots are too cute!

7. Lauren posted on May 9, 2011 at 9:32 pm (#)

These are so fun! Much more creative than the jello shots I’ve made!

8. Miss Southern Prep posted on May 9, 2011 at 11:37 pm (#)

I’m totally making these this weekend! They are way too cute! I’m loving the pictures of the Gold Cup–it looks like so much fun!

9. Kelly posted on May 10, 2011 at 2:23 pm (#)

Wow. These are happening my house, immediately. Such a cool idea, Michelle!

10. Liz posted on May 10, 2011 at 2:49 pm (#)

These look just to die for!!! I am so in for next year, it looks like you had the best time! :)

11. Tiffany posted on May 10, 2011 at 9:24 pm (#)

SOOOOOOOO much classier than the jello shots I slurped down in college :D

12. Kim - Liv Life posted on May 19, 2011 at 6:10 pm (#)

Love These!!!!!!! Oh my, these will be at our house this summer!

13. amy (fearless homemaker) posted on June 28, 2011 at 6:06 pm (#)

cute idea! i just stumbled across these while researching a fun jello shot idea for this weekend. might have to try ‘em out! ps – how fun is goldcup?! i went last year with some virginia friends + always try to go to Steeplechase, Nashville’s version. always such a blast!

14. meghan posted on October 30, 2011 at 9:18 pm (#)

i made these this weekend, but with rum instead – AMAZING! they tasted like watermelon Jolly Rancher candies… addicting. thanks for sharing!

15. Patty posted on November 9, 2011 at 7:38 pm (#)

what do you do to the rhine to make the jello not taste so bitter?

16. Michelle O posted on November 15, 2011 at 2:51 am (#)

Hey Patty, the shots actually taste good with a little of the lemony flavor, they aren’t bitter at all because you remove all of the lemon fruit. :)

17. camilla posted on December 5, 2011 at 8:34 am (#)

these are completely adorable. nice job! :)

18. Lauren posted on February 23, 2012 at 12:43 am (#)

These are so cool looking. I’m wondering if using lemon jello and iced tea vodka to make an “Arnold Palmer”-type shot would work. I’ll have to give that a shot. If anyone’s done that or wants to try it and let me know cause I know it’ll be awhile before I can get around to trying it.

19. talha posted on May 14, 2012 at 12:12 pm (#)

Love these sweet jello shots with cool colors.

Plastic Card Holders
    Plastic Card
    Scratch Cards Printing

20. Sarah posted on July 11, 2012 at 2:22 pm (#)

These are SO cute! What a clever idea! I have seen the watermelon ones on Pinterest, but these ones took me by surprise. So, so cute!