*1 egg * asparagus *1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar *salt and pepper *fresh parmesan cheese *olive oil
Speaking of poached eggs, why have I been frying eggs my whole life when they are just as delish without the extra calories? I think I was afraid of the process, but I followed Jenna's instructions on Eat, Live, Run and it was a snap. This whole dish took about 10 minutes.
1. Snap off the tough ends of the asparagus with your hands (bend the stalk and it will snap on its on where it needs to) and cook in boiling salted water for 4 to 5 minutes depending on the thickness of the stalks.
2. Remove from heat, and drain. Toss with olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Place on plate.
Poaching an Egg
1. Crack an egg in a small bowl and put aside.
2. Boil a pot of water. When boiling add the table spoon of vinegar and a pinch of salt.
3. Carefully pour egg from bowl into boiling water. It will look strange, don't worry, you did it right. Cover the pot and set a timer for 3 minutes. Exactly.
4. After 3 minutes, using a slotted spoon, remove your egg and place on top of the seasoned asparagus. Sprinkle on fresh parmesan shavings and salt and pepper.
Serve right away.