Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yes, I really did it… I made bacon, chocolate chip cookies. Nick didn’t really “get it,” I explained to him it was kind of like dipping french fries in a Wendy’s Frosty. You do that too right?
Since we have been together I have been trying to convince him that chocolate and salt go hand in hand. Chocolate covered pretzels, salted caramel brownies, or if youre hardcore like me and my friend Ashley and Carly you enjoy Mo’s Bacon Bars. These cookies were equally, if not more, delicious.
Makes about a dozen cookies or two dozen mini cookies
2. Place two sheets of paper towel on a microwave safe plate. Place half of your bacon on top of the paper towel (absorbs the grease) then more paper towel on top of the bacon. Microwave for 5-6 minutes. Bacon must be crisp, not chewy. Repeat with remaining strips and set aside to cool.
3. Mix room temperature butter and egg until combined and then Krusteaz chocolate chunk cookie mix. Knead with hands if necessary.
4. Rough chop your bacon strips. I placed in my food processor for a quick tumble.
5. Mix bacon into cookie dough.
6. Roll about two table spoons (or one for smaller cookies) into balls, no need to make them perfect, and place them on an un greased cookie sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until just golden around the edges. Cool before removing from the cookie sheet.
7. Eat one and then give them away immediately.