Strawberry Butter

I have some kind of intense sore throat issue going on right now. This morning I had no voice, it progressed to a light rasp and now we are back to almost no voice (it’s a bit painful as well, I’m praying it passes).  I was a bit hazy on my way to work and drove right past my exit. Then I dropped my phone getting out of my car and cracked the touch screen. Needless to say as soon as I spoke in the office — and they heard the rasp — the Lysol came out and I was sent home.

Things got a little better while I worked from home with Honey Bear at my side. She was so glad to see me. Later we decided to made a snack for Nick. It was really easy and could be an impressive housewarming gift or something fun to serve at brunch.

*2 sticks unsalted butter *half cup powdered sugar (or more depending on the sweetness desired *teaspoon salt *About 6 frozen strawberries

I let the strawberries thaw a bit and made sure the butter was at room temperature. Plop the butter sticks (cut in smaller pieces) into a food processor with the powdered sugar and pulse until it seems fully incorporated. Add teaspoon of salt (really boosts the flavor), 4 berries and pulse again until butter becomes soft and pink in color. Add the remaining berries and pulse just a couple times to leave some bright red berry chunks.

In a pretty sealed glass jar with a ribbon this would be a sweet gift to bring to a dinner party, or to a relative. (I may make some and bring it to Nick’s family around Easter time) Nick used it tonight to prepare his grilled cheese. Fantastic flavor! Be careful though, you must remember this is BUTTER. It’s hard not to want to eat with a spoon.

16 Responses to “Strawberry Butter”

1. Leslie posted on April 7, 2011 at 2:29 am (#)

that sounds amazing! and great for summer!

2. Abby posted on April 7, 2011 at 2:45 am (#)

Love your blog! Honey is too sweet and the pictures of all the food looks amazing! As a Political Science major, I love seeing fellow political-minded bloggers out there. Happy to be your newest follower. Here is my blog if you want to check it out http://abs-nottooshabby.blogspot.com
    If you enjoy it, I’d love if you follow back ;)

3. Julie posted on April 7, 2011 at 4:05 am (#)

Such a great recipe! I have quite a bit of recipes from you that I saved that I’m dying to try! :D

Mint & Mellow (Enter my giveaway!)

4. terrid614 posted on April 7, 2011 at 1:19 pm (#)

looks so delish! and i love the color! i am your latest follower!

5. Allison posted on April 7, 2011 at 1:23 pm (#)

yummmmm!

6. Saige White posted on April 7, 2011 at 2:37 pm (#)

Wow that looks so good! I can see how you’d have to be careful because I would probably want to eat it with a spoon! :)

7. EatAllTheThings posted on April 7, 2011 at 6:00 pm (#)

So sorry to hear that you aren’t feeling well!

8. Miss Southern Prep posted on April 8, 2011 at 3:52 am (#)

That looks so delicious!

9. Juhee posted on April 8, 2011 at 6:44 am (#)

oh goodness me that looks sooo delicious!
    I would definitely forget the fact that it’s butter and be licking it out of the bowl!

10. Jenny Skinner posted on April 9, 2011 at 12:43 pm (#)

my mouth is watering – imagine that topping on French Toast or Pancakes! Yum!

11. Heather of Kitchen Concoctions posted on April 9, 2011 at 4:50 pm (#)

Hey Michelle, thanks for stopping by my blog! This strawberry butter looks delightful and dangerous all at the same time! : )

12. Confectionary Designs posted on April 9, 2011 at 8:04 pm (#)

Perfect replacement for jam for that morning toast! Thanks for sharing.

13. SC posted on April 9, 2011 at 11:28 pm (#)

Are you kidding me? This looks NOMMING! Lovely color too ^^

14. Shaylene posted on April 10, 2011 at 12:38 am (#)

The looks delicious! I’m definitely going to have to make some! Lovely blog :)

15. Laura posted on April 10, 2011 at 7:57 pm (#)

So sorry you weren’t feeling well Michelle! This recipe looks yummy and fun!

16. Tiffany posted on April 11, 2011 at 2:11 am (#)

What a great idea! I make guava butter that is super awesome… this strawberry version sounds heavenly!