Nick’s Deviled Eggs

Nick made these for me last night. I had five and then stopped myself. Deviled eggs are a common hors d’oeuvre in the summer and around the holidays, but sometimes, don’t you crave them for just the hell of it? (!!!pun!!!) We have been talking about making deviled eggs for days. I love that creamy, salty, soft, cold texture. Delicate and delish. Really simple recipe as well.

Simple and Light Deviled Eggs
8 large hard boiled eggs, cooled and peeled
4 tablespoons low fat mayonnaise (you really can’t taste the difference)
1 table spoon dijon mustard
Sprinkle of paprika on each
Sprinkle of chopped green onion or chive on each
salt and fresh pepper to taste

Boil your eggs in a large sauce pan for 25 minutes, when done pour into a strainer and refrigerate your eggs until they have completely cooled. Peel and halve. With a gentle squeeze the yolk should pop right out. Place yolks in a separate bowl. Mix with mayo and mustard until smooth then pipe into the eggs whites again. You can use a zip lock bag, just fill one corner and cut off the tip. Season with paprika, salt and pepper and chives. Chill and serve.

Good work my love. Notice the heart shaped green onion on the egg in the left corner? Total coincidence. Just like Jesus in a grilled cheese.

11 Responses to “Nick’s Deviled Eggs”

1. Kim @ keller-creative posted on April 13, 2011 at 2:27 pm (#)

Yum! I love deviled eggs.

2. Michelle O posted on April 13, 2011 at 2:28 pm (#)

Me too! You know I think you either love them or hate them :)

3. Bud and Leo posted on April 13, 2011 at 2:42 pm (#)

Yummmm. Deviled eggs are delish! Thanks for the recipe :)

4. Laura posted on April 13, 2011 at 2:55 pm (#)

My roommate made some this weekend and they were heaven!!

5. Shaylene posted on April 13, 2011 at 7:35 pm (#)

Those look delicious :) You always make the greatest things haha.

6. Holly Henry posted on April 13, 2011 at 9:00 pm (#)

These look awesome! Definitely going to try them out! Your pictures are amazing as well. Can you share what type of camera you use?

7. Michelle O posted on April 14, 2011 at 11:45 am (#)

Thanks Holly! I use a Canon Rebel xs with the basic 18-55MM lens. I am still learning, just got it over Christmas, but the trick is to play around with it ALOT. :)

8. Dirt On The Rocks posted on April 14, 2011 at 5:44 pm (#)

Wow these look delish! I lovee deviled eggs. :) yummm makes me want to make some tonight :)

9. Holly Henry posted on April 14, 2011 at 9:57 pm (#)

Thanks so much Michelle :)

10. Heather Frost posted on April 15, 2011 at 9:06 pm (#)

Not really an egg fan, although around Easter time when I decide to dye egg (I know.. LOL) I usually want to eat them so I’m probably gonna make your recipe because it looks yummy (:

11. Lauren posted on August 16, 2011 at 12:22 pm (#)

No one can ever go wrong with Deviled Eggs. I normally put vinegar in mine, but I’ve never even thought about putting in mustard. Going to have to try it….