The Lobster Truck

One of the things I really miss about working in DC (I now work outside of the city closer to the airport) are the food trucks. There was a cupcake truck that I loved. I could follow them on twitter, find their next location, and go for a lunch break cupcake stroll.  There was a “Sauca” truck that parked outside my building every Wednesday that had the best spicy Mexican fish tacos and there even was talk of a “Marconi and Cheese” truck coming soon.

Now, I just read in my latest Bon Appetite magazine that there is a lobster truck in DC that serves one of the “Six Best Lobster Rolls Across the US.” As you can imagine, I am really disappointed that I can no longer venture out to try it myself…. (deep sigh). But, this post is for my friends who still work on Capitol Hill or in the business districts and can find out where this amazing “Red Hook Lobster Truck” is and try one for me. Apparently they get their lobster from Maine everyweek to serve it fresh to Washingtonians.

As for me… now I have to find a lobster roll somewhere else in the area as soon as possible. Any one else craving one now too? Sorry.

(Photo from www.redhooklobsterdc.com because I can’t get to the truck… sad face)

6 Responses to “The Lobster Truck”

1. Katherine posted on March 25, 2011 at 4:30 pm (#)

That sounds amazing! You know I share a love of food trucks…Arizona is way too far from DC! I need to visit ASAP.

❤ Katherine

2. amy b.s. posted on March 25, 2011 at 5:12 pm (#)

um, yum! now i know what to look for the next time i visit!

3. Bud and Leo posted on March 25, 2011 at 5:16 pm (#)

Craving it soooo much! I need to visit this lobster truck immediately. My friend also told me about this last week & said it was delish!

4. Michelle O posted on March 25, 2011 at 5:35 pm (#)

I just had one from a really good restaurant down the street. Unfortunately it was $17 dollars. I wonder how much they are from the truck? They also served it Connecticut style… that means it’s drenched in melted butter instead of mayo…. mmmmmmmmmmm. Not the best thing before bikini season though.

5. Yelena Starikova posted on March 31, 2011 at 7:11 pm (#)

Mmmmmm….DELISH!!!!

6. Sarah Toasty posted on February 6, 2012 at 11:07 pm (#)

found you on pinterest and got sucked into your old posts. If you still work outside of the city at a large enough company, you can hire red hook lobster truck for corporate catering. Email alex@redhooklobsterdc.com to set it up!