After a couple small tempter tantrums I got extremely lucky and someone offered to help. I made them these in thanks. I should really make them a couple more batches, that’s how fudged up my taxes were this year. As a matter of fact maybe that’s what I will make them next… homemade fudge.
(recipe adapted from Smitten Kitchen)
*1/2 cup (1 stick or 4 ounces) butter, softened *2/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
*1 egg *1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract *3/4 cup all-purpose flour *1/2 teaspoon baking soda *1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon *1/2 teaspoon salt *1 1/2 cups rolled oats
* raisins (as many as you like) * ½ cup almonds
Makes about 24 cookies
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C)
2. Mix butter, sugar, egg and vanilla until creamy. In a separate bowl mix the flour, salt, and baking soda. Stir together both mixes and then add oats, raisins, and almonds.
3. Chill the dough for about 30 mins. to an hour for thicker cookies. They will flatten if you bake right away. Which ever you prefer. Line up spoon size scoops two inches away from eachother on your cookie sheet.
4. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Sprinkle with ground cinnamon and brown sugar. Cool and serve.