Fancy Schmancy Jello Shots

We had a little party on New Years Eve. I made some treats that I will be sharing with you this week but these were by far the coolest.

Jello shots are always fun at a party, but those flimsy Dixie cups can be such an eye sore. Try this instead!

(One orange makes 4 shots so buy accordingly) We made about 50 shots with two boxes of jello. Cut the orange in half and scoop out the insides. Then make your jello and vodka mix. 1 packet of jello, any flavor, gets 1 cup of water and 1 cup of vodka. (Follow the instructions on the jello box. They call for two cups of water and use your liquor of choice instead for one cup) Fill your orange halves with the mixture and then place them in the fridge until they are very firm. When they are ready carefully cut the halves into quarters and voila!

We used cherry because we already had it in the pantry but think of all the delicious and pretty combination’s you can come up with. Imagine lime peels with lemon and tequila jello! Or lemon peels with pink lemonade and vodka jello!

Check out more interesting jello shot recipes here (these kids really put some effort in this).

11 Responses to “Fancy Schmancy Jello Shots”

1. Leslie posted on January 2, 2011 at 11:52 pm (#)

These are so cool!! And they look pretty :) What a great idea!

2. Alleen posted on January 3, 2011 at 4:03 pm (#)

Very cool! And I LOVE the new title bar…blogging can be very addicting! I need to add more personal pictures to mine though! Share a little more! :)

Happy 2011! Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

3. Michelle O posted on January 3, 2011 at 5:32 pm (#)

Thanks Leslie :) Let me know if you try them.

Thank you Alleen! I always love your blog. You’re one of my blogging role models ;)

Hope you had a good weekend too.

4. Meghan Rae posted on January 4, 2011 at 1:23 am (#)

Those jello shots look amazing! That is a genius idea. I will have to try that the next party I throw. I am sure your New Years Eve was fabulous!!

Meghan

5. Kate posted on January 5, 2011 at 4:12 pm (#)

New follower here: Wow this is such a great idea.. thanks so much for sharing. We are going to be hosting a party at the crib in the near future so I think these will be a must!

6. celia posted on January 6, 2011 at 7:19 pm (#)

this is amaaaazing! classy jello shot = best ides ever

7. Michelle posted on January 6, 2011 at 8:07 pm (#)

1. I am SUPER obsessed with these! My index finger always ends up the color of the jello shots I’m taking because I can’t get all the jello out!! Haha

2. THAAANK you for the advice you left via comment on my blog! You’re so sweet! And I noticed you’re a journalist! We need to chat, because thats what I just changed my major to and my mom is still skeptical of it. haha

Ps: Love your blog.

8. Mrs. Day posted on January 6, 2011 at 9:00 pm (#)

These are AMAZING! wow!! i love them!

9. Emily posted on February 9, 2011 at 8:55 pm (#)

these are super cute! talk about an upgrade from a papercup!

10. Jamie Busch-Upah posted on July 16, 2013 at 10:01 pm (#)

Love what you share. Thank you! By the way, your link for “more interesting jello shot recipes here” is spelled incorrectly. http://www.myscienceproject.org/j-shot-3.html
    Keep the ideas coming!!!

11. Jamie Busch-Upah posted on July 16, 2013 at 10:07 pm (#)

Keep the ideas coming!!!