Non Fun Raw Food Diet Alert
The game plan is Dec 14-21 “Raw Foods” only. Kind of. We are doing our own variation for a week as sort of a cleanse. Hoping to jump start exercise and weight loss though this change in “food behavior”. For the most part we are only doing raw foods, veggies, fruits, nuts, seeds. No dairy, eggs, sugar, caffeine or anything processed. And yes that means I haven’t had coffee today. We may try some cooked vegan meals if I find a recipe I want to try. We ordered our juicer today for those green breakfast drinks.
Dec 21, is Nick’s birthday. We have a big dinner party at Maggiano’s planned. Pasta will be served and wine is a must. We can stop the madness for one day to celebrate my loves birthday. Then we will carry on until Christmas day when I will have my first Filipino Christmas dinner.
So far I am pretty uninspired by the cuisine. I have found a couple good blogs for inspiration that I will add to my list for a few weeks. On the up side the dishes are bright and pretty. I’m looking forward to juicing. Maybe the preparation and specific ingredients involved will make me a better cook in general.
- Breakfast – Fruit smoothie or green smoothie, containing four or five cups fresh fruit and green vegetables, ice, and two to three cups water. (Optional: add one raw egg.)
- Snack – Raw nuts, fresh fruit such as oranges, apples, or pears
- Lunch – Large salad based on green leafy veggies, including three celery stalks, two large tomatoes, any color bell pepper, and avocados, sprinkled with sunflower seeds. Salad dressing can be a drizzle of cold-pressed olive oil and/or freshly squeezed orange juice.
- Snack – Four cups berries, or pineapple, or three peaches
- Dinner – Spinach salad, with baby spinach leaves, romaine lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, green onions, and orange segments. Freshly made vegetable juice containing mostly green veggies.
- Dessert or Evening Snack – Ten raw pecans or walnuts, banana
- Beverages – As much water as you’d like, freshly squeezed fruit juices, freshly made vegetable juices
Do you know anything about raw diets?